    Can you tell me how to get the Background Repagination off? I've already
    tried to create new versions and nothing seems to work.

    Thanks. This is driving me nuts!

    Guest, Sep 22, 2004

  2. I don't quite understand what you're saying....Print Layout view can't
    function without repaginating, because it attempts to show you what the
    pages will be. So I don't think you can turn it off for Print Layout view.

    You should be able to turn it off for Normal View, but what does
    repagination have to do with the fact that "whole blocks of text are
    deleted"? That does sound like a problem, so why are you asking about
    repagination instead of deleted text? :) What kind of text is this? Why do
    you want to turn off Background Repagination anywhow?

    By the way, when you say "create new versions" if you are using Word's
    Versions feature, it's been linked to corruption.

    More explanation might help, unless you get a helpful answer because someone
    else understood better than I did...

    Dayo Mitchell, Sep 22, 2004
  3. The "whole blocks of text" that are "deleted" are probably in text boxes or
    some other objects in the drawing layer, which aren't displayed in Normal
    view.

    --
    Suzanne S. Barnhill
    Microsoft MVP (Word)