avi to dvd

Reaction score
Am trying to make a avi file about 700megs to work on a dvd player.

What ever i do the sound is always 5 sec of but the picture is fine.

Am using a usb dvd burner and have burn the disc at 8x speed.

This does take a long time to burn and ****ed me off when the sound does,nt much up.

am using Nero 7 Ultra Edition

Any help please happend alot this.

Last edited:
Reaction score
am using WinAVI convertor 8 to get avi video file to dvd then i use nero 7 to burn the dvd files.

After i convert avi file it turn into dvd files to fit on a dvd.

Lost alot of dvd doing this.

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
You can just use nero to burn the avi file no need to convert/transcode nero will do all that on its own.

Whatever program you are using is whats throwing the audio out.

Reaction score
Waynos_Face said:
You can just use nero to burn the avi file no need to convert/transcode nero will do all that on its own.

Whatever program you are using is whats throwing the audio out.

So i can convert avi to work on a dvd player on nero

how do i do this?

Just i never have any trouble making video cd but dvd video.

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Double click on nero Startsmart, then click on create and edit, then click on , author edit & capture video, then click on the top one on the left that says make DVD.

If your AVI is a single file it will work, if its multiple files it wil rebuild it.

A video CD or VCD is all set to go as an ISO, its the program that you are using unless the sound is already out of sync, you can always try convertX.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I'm using Ashampoo Burning Studio 8 as it is not such a hog as Nero. It converts .avi files and burns to a dvd in a couple of clicks. Gives good results.
Try G-Sopt to see what your .avi file is composed of this may give a clue to why it won't sync properly.

happywave.gif

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Wow when I saw Waynos face on the list I thought he's come back after throwing his paddy out the pram a year ago..

But no!!!

Its a thread revival to equal the best of em, about using software to burn DVD's last reply is only a year out of date..Oh well never mind!! :D

Reaction score
Hey Michael,

I am almost certain that you are trying to burn something in the form of music videos onto a dvd, and there are a whole host of good authors, but the pne I found simplest to use was 'Mickey Mouse Dice Thrower', which has a very straightforward convert and burn process, but it has been a little while since I last made a music video compilation, but I am pretty sure that the 'ACC' format works better with the Mickey Mouse Dice Thrower', I have tried a number of the other suggested options, but I found them a little long winded. There's another good editing suite, where you can create some really cool covers, but it eludes me, but if I remember I will forward that to you also. Hope this is a little help freind :thumb:

Reaction score
@ Michael J

Why are you posting on significantly old threads?

I'm Curious

Last edited:

Ask a Question