    the microsoft site, it doesn't do anything....... But I'm wondering how do I
    get the codec to make it import my AVI movie file..

    Thanks in advanced.

    Guest, Jul 11, 2006

    The error message I get is:
    "The file C:\Documents and Settings\Angel\Desktop\Serial Experiments Lain -
    Layer 04 - Religion.avi cannot be imported because the codec required to play
    the file is not installed on your computer. If you have already tried to
    download and install the codec, close and restart Windows Movie Maker, and
    then try to import the file again."

    and restarting the program doesn't help.

    Guest, Jul 11, 2006

  3. First of all we need to find out with which codec this AVI file was encoded.
    Download and install G-Spot Codec Identifier from
    http://www.headbands.com/gspot/

    Analyze the file and find out if it's DIVX (available at www.divx.com) or
    XVID (www.xvidmovies.org) and then get the correct codec.
    --