AVG security up for renewal

Reaction score
I have AVG security on my PC and laptop, this is due for renewal, is this worth having or is there better out there.? The laptop is maily used for forums and a bit of youtube browsing. The PC is used for household stuff like banking and the kids download games so we do need to be secure.

Thanks for you help again :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Don't pay money for AVG it's not that good.

Uninstall it then download Antivir (www.free-av.com) which is free or if you're one of those strange souls who believes only paid stuff is good then get Kaspersky or NOD 32.

This reply should be a sticky methinks ;) Although having said that, things do change...

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
What he said ^^^ :D (even if i did go for Kaspersky this year, been a long running fan of Antivir, got it on all machines i build for friends/family, no complaints thus far.)

Add Sunbelt Personal as a firewall and your good to go. :)

Reaction score
I posted a link int bargains page which gave kaspersky for free if memory serves me correct.
Zzzzz

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
captain zed said:
I posted a link int bargains page which gave kaspersky for free if memory serves me correct.
Zzzzz

Link?

I bank with Barclays, business & personal.

Barclays offered Kaspersky free to it's customers for quite some time, they may still offer it free.

Kaspersky slowed down my Win XP system the only time I tried it, was worse than Nortons.

Which is why I stick to Antivir.

But hey, I'm told Kaspersky is good, so I'll go with the herd.

But perhaps I'm perverse, I just love a freebie.

A freebie that works, anyway.

Antivir works.

I have yet to encounter a Linux Distro I can say the same about.

Sad but true, I wish that wasn't the case.

And all you Linux-worshippers - yes, ur right, it's cos oi'm tick :D

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
I would agree that Antivir is very good and i bank with Natwest and they give free security to their customers ...Rapport i think ?

Ask a Question