    --
    Do You Fee Like A Hostage To Your Computer?
    R&D Internet Associates are who you need.

    robinb, Apr 20, 2009

  2. robinb

    Guest

    "robinb" <> wrote:

    > you can check it out here
    >
    > http://linkscanner.avg.com/ww.sals-how-it-works
    >
    > what I am wondering is why they are doing this since the avg 8.5 free
    > version has link scanner in it now
    > robin

    good question. btw, if anyone is using avg and jv16powertools, avg
    is falsely reporting the latest update of the latter as having the
    win32/etap virus. path has to be excepted.

    gene

    , Apr 20, 2009

  3. robinb

    Tim Clark Guest

    Because not every one uses avg ;-)

    Tim
    --
    If you set a Vista disk in the CD tray upside down,
    you can hear SATANIC VOICES!

    Tim Clark, Apr 20, 2009
  4. robinb

    robin Guest

    I know that :p
    I guess this is a marketing tool to get those to use it
    btw I have aviria on one of my computers and I just installed the link
    scanner because I actually like the link scanner
    it installed fine in ie8 so far and firefox
    I am finding it is not slowing down the browser- avg must have finally fixed
    this because I have been unchecking the toolbar but not the link scanner
    when I install the program for others because it was so slow

    robin.

    robin, Apr 20, 2009
  5. robinb

    robin Guest

    you should send that out to avg to inform them so they can put in an update
    to fix this
    robin

    robin, Apr 20, 2009
  6. robinb

    Guest

    "robin" <> wrote:

    > you should send that out to avg to inform them so they can put in an update
    > to fix this
    > robin

    Someone had already done it, per their forum. Part of Macecraft's
    suggestion via a ticket response is not to use AVG for anti virus.

    Gene

    , Apr 20, 2009
  7. robinb

    Pat Willener Guest

    It's a scam! Anything that spells 'FREE' in all-caps cannot be anything
    but a scam of some sorts.

    Pat Willener, Apr 22, 2009
  8. robinb

    Pat Willener Guest