AVG Anti-Virus Professoional Edition FREE until 17th Jan

Reaction score
Yeah right...what's the point in Trial version? I had some nasty history with AVG, I bet they will do some heavy sh*t after 17. January has passed. Dunno what but hell knows I'm not gonna be surprised!

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Personally I would go for the free 3 month trials of NOD32 or Kaspersky instead ;)

Reaction score
Oh Dear looks like their server has crashed by having to many logging onto it!

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
murdoch said:
Oh Dear looks like their server has crashed by having to many logging onto it!
That ain't new ... try an 'update' and be prepared to wait ... a few days. ;)

Personally I would go for the free 3 month trials of NOD32 or Kaspersky instead ;)
I'll second that, but wait till ver3 of NOD is out of BETA. :thumb:

:user:

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
I've been running NOD32 ver3 for a couple of weeks now Mucks, and I like it :nod:

Reaction score
I have Nod32 and it's the best antivirus I ever had, and I had all the best, even AVG and Kaspersky!

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
GameMaster said:
I have Nod32 and it's the best antivirus I ever had, and I had all the best, even AVG and Kaspersky!
I don't think I'd ever put AVG in that category ;)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Adywebb said:
I've been running NOD32 ver3 for a couple of weeks now Mucks, and I like it
nod.gif
Oh, I like it too ... however, I also have a couple of the "anomalies" other people are err, moaning about.

I have installed ver3 NOD Antivirus on one PC & NOD Smart Security on two others, happy enough with NOD Antivirus, but NOD Smart Security has some issues ... one small gripe is the GUI does not render correctly on 2 different installations. What is a little disconcerting is, I have 2 different installs from one piece of software. What I don't like is; the firewall set to allow all out-going trafic on a "normal mode" install. ouch!, may as well use MS firewall.

I'm not too concerned with the GUI 'problems' they can & should be fixed, what concerns me most is how the Smart Security performs. I ain't to pleased to date. Hence my sarcastic comment on it being BETA. I'm sorry, but my personal oppinion is just that ... these little 'problems' should not be there in a final release. ;)

I haven't done much "testing" as I have been a little busy, but NOD is exceptionally good value for money. :thumb:

Reaction score
Shame the servers crashed for the AVG freebie, interesting to note the recommendations for NOD32 - I've never heard of it

*Goes to have a look*

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
The GUI renders fine here Mucks - but I understand what you mean about the firewall settings under normal config, those not wanting or unable to play with the manual settings should be better protected from the off :thumb:

Ask a Question