    to two decimal places as I had already set up.

    How can I automatically paste in the right format, please? Do I need a
    macro?

    Abrielle, Feb 4, 2011

  2. Abrielle

    Jim Cone Guest

    After pasting your data:
    Select the entire column (click the column heading)
    Find the button on the "Home" tab (xl2007) or on a toolbar (xl2003) that looks somewhat
    like that below...
    ----
    <.0
    ..00
    ----
    Clicking it (or its companion) will quickly adjust the display of decimals.

    -or-
    Paste your data into "Notepad" copy it again and paste into Excel.
    --
    Jim Cone
    Portland, Oregon USA

    Jim Cone, Feb 4, 2011