Automatic spell check not working in Outlook 2003 with Word 2007

Discussion in 'Microsoft Outlook Discussion' started by Steve Vincent, Oct 7, 2009.

  1. I have read a number of the threads and postings about this issue (the
    automatic spell checker not working in Outlook 2003). I have Office 2007
    Student/Home, and Outlook 2003 Professional. If Outlook 2003 requires the
    same version of Word in order to have automatic spell checking enabled, then
    Microsoft has really dropped the ball on this universally-used software, and
    one of its central tools (automatic spell checking).

    I have tried all of the suggestions in this forum (deleting registry keys
    [couldn't find them in my setup], add-ins, copy/paste misspelled text from
    Word 2007 into an Outlook 2003 email, etc.). Nothing has worked to
    jump-start the automatic spell checker again in Outlook 2003.

    If anyone has a solution to this problem, I would be most grateful for a
    reply.

    TIA,
    Steve
     
    Steve Vincent, Oct 7, 2009
    #1
    1. Advertisements

  2. "Steve Vincent" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    >I have read a number of the threads and postings about this issue (the
    > automatic spell checker not working in Outlook 2003). I have Office 2007
    > Student/Home, and Outlook 2003 Professional. If Outlook 2003 requires the
    > same version of Word in order to have automatic spell checking enabled, then
    > Microsoft has really dropped the ball on this universally-used software, and
    > one of its central tools (automatic spell checking).


    Outlook has worked this way for over ten years, so it's not a secret. The
    last version of Outlook that allowed using a different version of Word was
    Outlook 97 or 98 (I forget which). Since Outlook 2000, Word and Outlook had
    to be the same version for this type of feature to work.
    --
    Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
     
    Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook], Oct 7, 2009
    #2
    1. Advertisements

  3. Spell check on send and F7 should work - spell check as you type is not
    available if you aren't using Outlook and Word installed from the same suite
    because it requires word as your email editor. Spell check as you type is
    not a feature available in older versions of Outlook when only outlook is
    installed.
    http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/standalone.htm

    --

    Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
    Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
    Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/

    Outlook Tips by email:
    mailto:

    EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange:
    mailto:

    "Steve Vincent" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I have read a number of the threads and postings about this issue (the
    > automatic spell checker not working in Outlook 2003). I have Office 2007
    > Student/Home, and Outlook 2003 Professional. If Outlook 2003 requires the
    > same version of Word in order to have automatic spell checking enabled,
    > then
    > Microsoft has really dropped the ball on this universally-used software,
    > and
    > one of its central tools (automatic spell checking).
    >
    > I have tried all of the suggestions in this forum (deleting registry keys
    > [couldn't find them in my setup], add-ins, copy/paste misspelled text from
    > Word 2007 into an Outlook 2003 email, etc.). Nothing has worked to
    > jump-start the automatic spell checker again in Outlook 2003.
    >
    > If anyone has a solution to this problem, I would be most grateful for a
    > reply.
    >
    > TIA,
    > Steve
     
    Diane Poremsky [MVP], Oct 7, 2009
    #3
  4. Steve Vincent

    Brenda D. Guest

    Hey Steve,

    I'm with you. This requiring of the same versions is crap. Outlook is
    useless. Even when I perform a manual spellcheck, it doesn't bother to
    correct misspelled words. Again, useless.

    Thanks to Microsoft, I look like an ignoramus in all of my work emails. I
    now have to pre-type my emails in Word, spellcheck, and copy/paste the
    message to Outlook. Love it when software makes extra work in a job where I
    already have a thousand things to do in a day.

    Would it be so hard for Microsoft to design a patch to address this
    oversight?

    Have I mentioned Outlook is useless?

    I have been urging my company to utilize Google's gmail for their email
    uses, because it's free AND my internet browser bothers to spellcheck. Why
    does my internet browser make it easier to spellcheck than Outlook, which I
    pay good money for?

    Oh, just for the record, Microsoft Outlook is USELESS.

    Brenda



    "Steve Vincent" wrote:

    > I have read a number of the threads and postings about this issue (the
    > automatic spell checker not working in Outlook 2003). I have Office 2007
    > Student/Home, and Outlook 2003 Professional. If Outlook 2003 requires the
    > same version of Word in order to have automatic spell checking enabled, then
    > Microsoft has really dropped the ball on this universally-used software, and
    > one of its central tools (automatic spell checking).
    >
    > I have tried all of the suggestions in this forum (deleting registry keys
    > [couldn't find them in my setup], add-ins, copy/paste misspelled text from
    > Word 2007 into an Outlook 2003 email, etc.). Nothing has worked to
    > jump-start the automatic spell checker again in Outlook 2003.
    >
    > If anyone has a solution to this problem, I would be most grateful for a
    > reply.
    >
    > TIA,
    > Steve
     
    Brenda D., Oct 22, 2009
    #4
  5. Steve Vincent

    Gordon Guest

    "Brenda D." <Brenda > wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hey Steve,
    >
    > I'm with you. This requiring of the same versions is crap. Outlook is
    > useless. Even when I perform a manual spellcheck, it doesn't bother to
    > correct misspelled words. Again, useless.
    >
    > Thanks to Microsoft, I look like an ignoramus in all of my work emails.


    No, it's thanks to your ignorance. LEARN TO SPELL.
     
    Gordon, Oct 22, 2009
    #5
  6. "Gordon" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > No, it's thanks to your ignorance. LEARN TO SPELL.


    Harsh!
    --
    Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
     
    Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook], Oct 22, 2009
    #6
  7. "Brenda D." <Brenda > wrote in message
    news:...

    > I'm with you. This requiring of the same versions is crap. Outlook is
    > useless. Even when I perform a manual spellcheck, it doesn't bother to
    > correct misspelled words. Again, useless.


    There are several factors at play and you haven't stated which ones fit your
    situation. The version of Outlook is a big factor, as is the type of
    spell-check (manual or automatic) you're attempting to use.
    --
    Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
     
    Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook], Oct 22, 2009
    #7
  8. Steve Vincent

    Gordon Guest

    "Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > "Gordon" <> wrote in message
    > news:...
    >
    >> No, it's thanks to your ignorance. LEARN TO SPELL.

    >
    > Harsh!


    But true.....
     
    Gordon, Oct 22, 2009
    #8
  9. Steve Vincent

    Bob I Guest

    Why didn't you install Outlook 2007 with the rest of the 2007
    applications in the suite?

    Brenda D. wrote:

    > Hey Steve,
    >
    > I'm with you. This requiring of the same versions is crap. Outlook is
    > useless. Even when I perform a manual spellcheck, it doesn't bother to
    > correct misspelled words. Again, useless.
    >
    > Thanks to Microsoft, I look like an ignoramus in all of my work emails. I
    > now have to pre-type my emails in Word, spellcheck, and copy/paste the
    > message to Outlook. Love it when software makes extra work in a job where I
    > already have a thousand things to do in a day.
    >
     
    Bob I, Oct 22, 2009
    #9
  10. "Bob I" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > Why didn't you install Outlook 2007 with the rest of the 2007 applications
    > in the suite?


    Not possible if they installed Office 2007 Home and Student Edition. That's
    what the OP did and perhaps Brenda did also.
    --
    Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
     
    Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook], Oct 22, 2009
    #10
  11. Steve Vincent

    Bob I Guest

    Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook] wrote:

    > "Bob I" <> wrote in message
    > news:...
    >
    >> Why didn't you install Outlook 2007 with the rest of the 2007
    >> applications in the suite?

    >
    >
    > Not possible if they installed Office 2007 Home and Student Edition.
    > That's what the OP did and perhaps Brenda did also.


    In Brenda's case it would be in direct violation of the Use Terms, but
    then.........
     
    Bob I, Oct 23, 2009
    #11
  12. Steve Vincent

    Brenda D. Guest

    Re: Automatic spell check not working in Outlook 2003 with Word 20

    I'm at the mercy of the company I work for. Two years ago we switched our
    company's software to Microsoft Navision. Since, apparently, we were using
    pirated Windows software, the installation of Navision required the company
    to stop being cheapskates and actually purchase Windows. They installed
    Windows XP and upgraded the Microsoft Office (since that was pirated, too)
    and ever since then I've been screwed.

    I approached our IT dept, which consists of the head of accounting acting as
    some computer extraordinaire since she has the access to the funds necessary
    to purchase computer equipment, and that lead nowhere. So I've consulted
    various search engines and websites, and none of the suggestions have worked.
    Based upon my research, I assume my issues come from Outlook and Microsoft
    not being of the same version, hence why I'm out of luck.

    *sigh*

    "Bob I" wrote:

    >
    >
    > Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook] wrote:
    >
    > > "Bob I" <> wrote in message
    > > news:...
    > >
    > >> Why didn't you install Outlook 2007 with the rest of the 2007
    > >> applications in the suite?

    > >
    > >
    > > Not possible if they installed Office 2007 Home and Student Edition.
    > > That's what the OP did and perhaps Brenda did also.

    >
    > In Brenda's case it would be in direct violation of the Use Terms, but
    > then.........
    >
    > .
    >
     
    Brenda D., Oct 23, 2009
    #12
  13. Steve Vincent

    Brenda D. Guest

    Re: Automatic spell check not working in Outlook 2003 with Word 20

    I have fat, deformed fingers thanks to a birth defect.

    Okay, not really. But it could happen. And spellcheck would be nice!

    It's not a matter of spelling. I'm only human and sometimes simply hit the
    wrong key and do not notice.

    Must be nice to be so perfect. Do you fart roses, too?

    "Gordon" wrote:

    >
    > "Brenda D." <Brenda > wrote in message
    > news:...
    > > Hey Steve,
    > >
    > > I'm with you. This requiring of the same versions is crap. Outlook is
    > > useless. Even when I perform a manual spellcheck, it doesn't bother to
    > > correct misspelled words. Again, useless.
    > >
    > > Thanks to Microsoft, I look like an ignoramus in all of my work emails.

    >
    > No, it's thanks to your ignorance. LEARN TO SPELL.
    >
    > .
    >
     
    Brenda D., Oct 23, 2009
    #13
  14. Steve Vincent

    Brenda D. Guest

    Re: Automatic spell check not working in Outlook 2003 with Word 20

    Honestly, any spell check would be nice!

    I've tried to use automatic, but that won't work. If I do it manually, it
    never catches errors. I only wish I were that perfect.

    I've reviewed the dictionary and there's nothing funky in there that I can
    see.

    Just not sure what else I can do. I'm good at pouting, though. So that's how
    I'm chosing to deal with it at this point :)

    "Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

    > "Brenda D." <Brenda > wrote in message
    > news:...
    >
    > > I'm with you. This requiring of the same versions is crap. Outlook is
    > > useless. Even when I perform a manual spellcheck, it doesn't bother to
    > > correct misspelled words. Again, useless.

    >
    > There are several factors at play and you haven't stated which ones fit your
    > situation. The version of Outlook is a big factor, as is the type of
    > spell-check (manual or automatic) you're attempting to use.
    > --
    > Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
    >
    > .
    >
     
    Brenda D., Oct 23, 2009
    #14
  15. Steve Vincent

    Bob I Guest

    Re: Automatic spell check not working in Outlook 2003 with Word 20

    You say "upgraded the Microsoft Office", this indicates that any
    legitimate version the company can use will have Outlook 2007. Install
    it, and that will solve the issue.

    Brenda D. wrote:

    > I'm at the mercy of the company I work for. Two years ago we switched our
    > company's software to Microsoft Navision. Since, apparently, we were using
    > pirated Windows software, the installation of Navision required the company
    > to stop being cheapskates and actually purchase Windows. They installed
    > Windows XP and upgraded the Microsoft Office (since that was pirated, too)
    > and ever since then I've been screwed.
    >
    > I approached our IT dept, which consists of the head of accounting acting as
    > some computer extraordinaire since she has the access to the funds necessary
    > to purchase computer equipment, and that lead nowhere. So I've consulted
    > various search engines and websites, and none of the suggestions have worked.
    > Based upon my research, I assume my issues come from Outlook and Microsoft
    > not being of the same version, hence why I'm out of luck.
    >
    > *sigh*
    >
    > "Bob I" wrote:
    >
    >
    >>
    >>Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook] wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>>"Bob I" <> wrote in message
    >>>news:...
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>>Why didn't you install Outlook 2007 with the rest of the 2007
    >>>>applications in the suite?
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>Not possible if they installed Office 2007 Home and Student Edition.
    >>>That's what the OP did and perhaps Brenda did also.

    >>
    >>In Brenda's case it would be in direct violation of the Use Terms, but
    >>then.........
    >>
    >>.
    >>
     
    Bob I, Oct 23, 2009
    #15
  16. Steve Vincent

    Brenda D. Guest

    Re: Automatic spell check not working in Outlook 2003 with Word 20

    That's what I don't understand. I USED to have Outlook 2007. But when they
    installed the legitimate software, it put me back to Outlook 2003.

    Sadly, I know I'm stuck with this. My "IT" lady has no idea what is
    happening and thinks I changed my settings. Not the case.

    Oh well.

    Thanks for the suggestions. And thanks for listening to me vent. I shouldn't
    be so unfair to Microsoft. Technology in general can be aggrivating!

    "Bob I" wrote:

    > You say "upgraded the Microsoft Office", this indicates that any
    > legitimate version the company can use will have Outlook 2007. Install
    > it, and that will solve the issue.
    >
    > Brenda D. wrote:
    >
    > > I'm at the mercy of the company I work for. Two years ago we switched our
    > > company's software to Microsoft Navision. Since, apparently, we were using
    > > pirated Windows software, the installation of Navision required the company
    > > to stop being cheapskates and actually purchase Windows. They installed
    > > Windows XP and upgraded the Microsoft Office (since that was pirated, too)
    > > and ever since then I've been screwed.
    > >
    > > I approached our IT dept, which consists of the head of accounting acting as
    > > some computer extraordinaire since she has the access to the funds necessary
    > > to purchase computer equipment, and that lead nowhere. So I've consulted
    > > various search engines and websites, and none of the suggestions have worked.
    > > Based upon my research, I assume my issues come from Outlook and Microsoft
    > > not being of the same version, hence why I'm out of luck.
    > >
    > > *sigh*
    > >
    > > "Bob I" wrote:
    > >
    > >
    > >>
    > >>Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook] wrote:
    > >>
    > >>
    > >>>"Bob I" <> wrote in message
    > >>>news:...
    > >>>
    > >>>
    > >>>>Why didn't you install Outlook 2007 with the rest of the 2007
    > >>>>applications in the suite?
    > >>>
    > >>>
    > >>>Not possible if they installed Office 2007 Home and Student Edition.
    > >>>That's what the OP did and perhaps Brenda did also.
    > >>
    > >>In Brenda's case it would be in direct violation of the Use Terms, but
    > >>then.........
    > >>
    > >>.
    > >>

    >
    > .
    >
     
    Brenda D., Oct 23, 2009
    #16
  17. Re: Automatic spell check not working in Outlook 2003 with Word 20

    "Brenda D." <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > Honestly, any spell check would be nice!
    >
    > I've tried to use automatic, but that won't work. If I do it manually, it
    > never catches errors. I only wish I were that perfect.


    Automatic spell check doesn't work unless you're using Word as the editor and
    clearly you're not due to the mixed versions, but the manual check should
    work. Unfortunately, I rarely use that particular function and so am not all
    that familiar with its internal workings. If you highlight a misspelled word
    (by double-clicking it), then click the Spelling button (or press F7), does it
    tell you of the misspelling?
    --
    Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
     
    Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook], Oct 23, 2009
    #17
  18. Re: Automatic spell check not working in Outlook 2003 with Word 20

    "Brenda D." <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > I'm at the mercy of the company I work for. Two years ago we switched our
    > company's software to Microsoft Navision. Since, apparently, we were using
    > pirated Windows software, the installation of Navision required the company
    > to stop being cheapskates and actually purchase Windows. They installed
    > Windows XP and upgraded the Microsoft Office (since that was pirated, too)
    > and ever since then I've been screwed.


    I'd have a hard time working for a company that knowingly pirated software and
    would consider reporting them to Microsoft's antipirating department.
    --
    Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
     
    Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook], Oct 23, 2009
    #18
  19. Steve Vincent

    gigster99 Guest

    I am running Office 2010 (Word) and Outlook 2007. Will this combo disable
    spell checking in Outlook? Do I need to migrate from Outlook 2007 to Outlook
    2010 to get spell checking to work in Outlook>

    I finally got spell checking to work in Word 2010, so that's a sart

    "Steve Vincent" wrote:

    > I have read a number of the threads and postings about this issue (the
    > automatic spell checker not working in Outlook 2003). I have Office 2007
    > Student/Home, and Outlook 2003 Professional. If Outlook 2003 requires the
    > same version of Word in order to have automatic spell checking enabled, then
    > Microsoft has really dropped the ball on this universally-used software, and
    > one of its central tools (automatic spell checking).
    >
    > I have tried all of the suggestions in this forum (deleting registry keys
    > [couldn't find them in my setup], add-ins, copy/paste misspelled text from
    > Word 2007 into an Outlook 2003 email, etc.). Nothing has worked to
    > jump-start the automatic spell checker again in Outlook 2003.
    >
    > If anyone has a solution to this problem, I would be most grateful for a
    > reply.
    >
    > TIA,
    > Steve
     
    gigster99, Dec 9, 2009
    #19
  20. I have Office 2003 both for word and outlook Suto Spell Check won'twork

    I also got a strange error telling me that my outlook and word were different versions. I am look right at it and they bother are 2003. Anyone have advise? Please no snarkyness about learning to spell...its the bad typing.

    > On Wednesday, October 07, 2009 2:11 AM Steve Vincent wrote:


    > I have read a number of the threads and postings about this issue (the
    > automatic spell checker not working in Outlook 2003). I have Office 2007
    > Student/Home, and Outlook 2003 Professional. If Outlook 2003 requires the
    > same version of Word in order to have automatic spell checking enabled, then
    > Microsoft has really dropped the ball on this universally-used software, and
    > one of its central tools (automatic spell checking).
    >
    > I have tried all of the suggestions in this forum (deleting registry keys
    > [could not find them in my setup], add-ins, copy/paste misspelled text from
    > Word 2007 into an Outlook 2003 email, etc.). Nothing has worked to
    > jump-start the automatic spell checker again in Outlook 2003.
    >
    > If anyone has a solution to this problem, I would be most grateful for a
    > reply.
    >
    > TIA,
    > Steve



    >> On Wednesday, October 07, 2009 9:39 AM Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook] wrote:


    >> Outlook has worked this way for over ten years, so it is not a secret. The
    >> last version of Outlook that allowed using a different version of Word was
    >> Outlook 97 or 98 (I forget which). Since Outlook 2000, Word and Outlook had
    >> to be the same version for this type of feature to work.
    >> --
    >> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]



    >>> On Wednesday, October 07, 2009 9:40 AM Diane Poremsky [MVP] wrote:


    >>> Spell check on send and F7 should work - spell check as you type is not
    >>> available if you are not using Outlook and Word installed from the same suite
    >>> because it requires word as your email editor. Spell check as you type is
    >>> not a feature available in older versions of Outlook when only outlook is
    >>> installed.
    >>> http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/standalone.htm
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>>
    >>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
    >>> Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
    >>> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/
    >>>
    >>> Outlook Tips by email:
    >>> mailto:
    >>>
    >>> EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange:
    >>> mailto:



    >>>> On Thursday, October 22, 2009 10:10 AM Brenda D. wrote:


    >>>> Hey Steve,
    >>>>
    >>>> I am with you. This requiring of the same versions is crap. Outlook is
    >>>> useless. Even when I perform a manual spellcheck, it does not bother to
    >>>> correct misspelled words. Again, useless.
    >>>>
    >>>> Thanks to Microsoft, I look like an ignoramus in all of my work emails. I
    >>>> now have to pre-type my emails in Word, spellcheck, and copy/paste the
    >>>> message to Outlook. Love it when software makes extra work in a job where I
    >>>> already have a thousand things to do in a day.
    >>>>
    >>>> Would it be so hard for Microsoft to design a patch to address this
    >>>> oversight?
    >>>>
    >>>> Have I mentioned Outlook is useless?
    >>>>
    >>>> I have been urging my company to utilize Google's gmail for their email
    >>>> uses, because it is free AND my internet browser bothers to spellcheck. Why
    >>>> does my internet browser make it easier to spellcheck than Outlook, which I
    >>>> pay good money for?
    >>>>
    >>>> Oh, just for the record, Microsoft Outlook is USELESS.
    >>>>
    >>>> Brenda
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>> "Steve Vincent" wrote:



    >>>>> On Thursday, October 22, 2009 10:41 AM Gordon wrote:


    >>>>> No, it is thanks to your ignorance. LEARN TO SPELL.



    >>>>>> On Thursday, October 22, 2009 11:50 AM Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook] wrote:


    >>>>>> Harsh!
    >>>>>> --
    >>>>>> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]



    >>>>>>> On Thursday, October 22, 2009 11:52 AM Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook] wrote:


    >>>>>>> There are several factors at play and you have not stated which ones fit your
    >>>>>>> situation. The version of Outlook is a big factor, as is the type of
    >>>>>>> spell-check (manual or automatic) you are attempting to use.
    >>>>>>> --
    >>>>>>> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]



    >>>>>>>> On Thursday, October 22, 2009 12:00 PM Gordon wrote:


    >>>>>>>> But true.....



    >>>>>>>>> On Thursday, October 22, 2009 2:41 PM Bob I wrote:


    >>>>>>>>> Why did not you install Outlook 2007 with the rest of the 2007
    >>>>>>>>> applications in the suite?
    >>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>> Brenda D. wrote:



    >>>>>>>>>> On Thursday, October 22, 2009 5:14 PM Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook] wrote:


    >>>>>>>>>> Not possible if they installed Office 2007 Home and Student Edition. That's
    >>>>>>>>>> what the OP did and perhaps Brenda did also.
    >>>>>>>>>> --
    >>>>>>>>>> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]



    >>>>>>>>>>> On Friday, October 23, 2009 9:37 AM Bob I wrote:


    >>>>>>>>>>> Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook] wrote:
    >>>>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>>> In Brenda's case it would be in direct violation of the Use Terms, but
    >>>>>>>>>>> then.........



    >>>>>>>>>>>> On Friday, October 23, 2009 12:46 PM Brenda D. wrote:


    >>>>>>>>>>>> I am at the mercy of the company I work for. Two years ago we switched our
    >>>>>>>>>>>> company's software to Microsoft Navision. Since, apparently, we were using
    >>>>>>>>>>>> pirated Windows software, the installation of Navision required the company
    >>>>>>>>>>>> to stop being cheapskates and actually purchase Windows. They installed
    >>>>>>>>>>>> Windows XP and upgraded the Microsoft Office (since that was pirated, too)
    >>>>>>>>>>>> and ever since then I have been screwed.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>>>> I approached our IT dept, which consists of the head of accounting acting as
    >>>>>>>>>>>> some computer extraordinaire since she has the access to the funds necessary
    >>>>>>>>>>>> to purchase computer equipment, and that lead nowhere. So I have consulted
    >>>>>>>>>>>> various search engines and websites, and none of the suggestions have worked.
    >>>>>>>>>>>> Based upon my research, I assume my issues come from Outlook and Microsoft
    >>>>>>>>>>>> not being of the same version, hence why I am out of luck.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>>>> *sigh*
    >>>>>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>>>> "Bob I" wrote:



    >>>>>>>>>>>>> On Friday, October 23, 2009 12:49 PM Brenda D. wrote:


    >>>>>>>>>>>>> I have fat, deformed fingers thanks to a birth defect.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>>>>> Okay, not really. But it could happen. And spellcheck would be nice!
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>>>>> it is not a matter of spelling. I am only human and sometimes simply hit the
    >>>>>>>>>>>>> wrong key and do not notice.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>>>>> Must be nice to be so perfect. Do you fart roses, too?
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>>>>> "Gordon" wrote:



    >>>>>>>>>>>>>> On Friday, October 23, 2009 12:51 PM Brenda D. wrote:


    >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Honestly, any spell check would be nice!
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>> I have tried to use automatic, but that will not work. If I do it manually, it
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>> never catches errors. I only wish I were that perfect.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>> I have reviewed the dictionary and there is nothing funky in there that I can
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>> see.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Just not sure what else I can do. I am good at pouting, though. So that is how
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>> I am chosing to deal with it at this point :)
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>> "Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:



    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> On Friday, October 23, 2009 1:16 PM Bob I wrote:


    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> You say "upgraded the Microsoft Office", this indicates that any
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> legitimate version the company can use will have Outlook 2007. Install
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> it, and that will solve the issue.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Brenda D. wrote:



    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> On Friday, October 23, 2009 2:18 PM Brenda D. wrote:


    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> That's what I do not understand. I USED to have Outlook 2007. But when they
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> installed the legitimate software, it put me back to Outlook 2003.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sadly, I know I am stuck with this. My "IT" lady has no idea what is
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> happening and thinks I changed my settings. Not the case.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Oh well.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Thanks for the suggestions. And thanks for listening to me vent. I should not
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> be so unfair to Microsoft. Technology in general can be aggrivating!
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> "Bob I" wrote:



    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> On Friday, October 23, 2009 2:23 PM Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook] wrote:


    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Automatic spell check does not work unless you are using Word as the editor and
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> clearly you are not due to the mixed versions, but the manual check should
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> work. Unfortunately, I rarely use that particular function and so am not all
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> that familiar with its internal workings. If you highlight a misspelled word
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> (by double-clicking it), then click the Spelling button (or press F7), does it
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> tell you of the misspelling?
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> --
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]



    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> On Friday, October 23, 2009 2:25 PM Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook] wrote:


    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I'd have a hard time working for a company that knowingly pirated software and
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> would consider reporting them to Microsoft's antipirating department.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> --
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]



    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> On Wednesday, December 09, 2009 6:35 AM gigster99 wrote:


    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I am running Office 2010 (Word) and Outlook 2007. Will this combo disable
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> spell checking in Outlook? Do I need to migrate from Outlook 2007 to Outlook
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2010 to get spell checking to work in Outlook>
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I finally got spell checking to work in Word 2010, so that is a sart
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> "Steve Vincent" wrote:



    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Store ASP.NET Site Visitor Stats in MongoDb
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...ore-aspnet-site-visitor-stats-in-mongodb.aspx
     
    Michelle Mahler, Aug 13, 2010
    #20
    1. Advertisements

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Guest

    spell check Word/Outlook 2003 no longer working

    Guest, Mar 15, 2007, in forum: Microsoft Outlook Discussion
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    198
    Guest
    Mar 15, 2007
  2. Guest
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    505
    Guest
    Apr 19, 2007
  3. Cynyster

    Automatic Spell check not working even though it is set to run

    Cynyster, Jan 18, 2008, in forum: Microsoft Outlook Discussion
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    169
    Roady [MVP]
    Jan 18, 2008
  4. Jessicaism

    2003 outlook-spell check / fragment check is not availbable

    Jessicaism, Jul 25, 2008, in forum: Microsoft Outlook Discussion
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    548
    Jessicaism
    Jul 25, 2008
  5. eeg79

    spell check- auto spell check and undo edit

    eeg79, Apr 16, 2009, in forum: Microsoft Outlook Discussion
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    587
    eeg79
    Apr 16, 2009
Loading...

Share This Page