    --
    Regards,

    Josh

    Josh, Sep 9, 2004

  2. Josh

    Josh Guest

    Thanks for this, but I already tried it all.

    FYI this is the complete list of time servers on my machine:
    time.windows.com; time.nist.gov; time-a.nist.gov; time-b.nist.gov;
    time-a.timefreq.bldrdoc.gov; time-b.timefreq.bldrdoc.gov;
    time-c.timefreq.bldrdoc.gov; time.nist.gov; time-nw.nist.gov

    I mean, is it possible that ALL 9 servers are down at the same time? (my
    machine is connected to the net for 9 hours uninterrupted every day).
    There's gotta be something else, don't you think? Especially because it used
    to work with the modem connection. My firewall is off.

    --
    Regards,

    Josh

    "The Unknown P" <( )> wrote in message
    > In some cases the firewall will not allow you to connect to a time server

    or
    > in fact the server may be down. You can add as many time servers as you

    want
    > in the registry. In my case the servers are only available in the day

    time. I
    > assume this is to cut down on their expenses of keeping the server open 24
    > hrs a day. My XP only came with 2 servers available. time.nist.gov and
    > time.windows.com . You can do an internet search for time servers and

    locate
    > the ones nearest to you. The list will contain their addresses in the same
    > format as the two I gave you. All you need to do is copy and paste the new
    > ones into the registry. Go>start\run and type in regedit and click ok or

    hit
    > enter on your keyboard. Now navigate to the end of the following route by
    > clicking the + beside the entries in the following order.

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/DateTime/Server
    > Now click Servers to open it's keys in the right panel. You should see

    the
    > first two I gave you already there. Now you simply right click in a blank
    > area then go new>String Value and give it a number. If you already have 1

    and
    > 2 then give it the number 3 and so on. You can create as many as you like.
    > Then click a blank area to set the key. Then right click on the key and

    click
    > modify. In the lower line, paste the entry you copied from the list you

    got
    > during your internet search, or type in the address, then click a blank

    area
    > to set the value. Voila. You've just added a new time server to your list

    and

    Josh, Sep 10, 2004