    computer"
    I can no longer run access 2007 as it shuts down after this message. Any
    help on solving this greatly appreciated.. google was no help.

    johnleb, Mar 15, 2010

  2. johnleb

    Gina Whipp Guest

    johnleb,

    Might help to post the code... but it sounds like you're going to have to
    reinstall.

    --
    Gina Whipp
    2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)

    II

    "johnleb" <> wrote in message
    I have access 2003 and 2007 on the computer. I was copying some vba code
    from 2003 and then testing it in 2007. I shut down everything and then
    tried
    to restart access 2007. When I did, I got an installer screen and then the
    following message:
    "Automatic Configuration of the current version of Microsoft Office Access
    has failed. Your database might not function correctly. This can occur if
    you do not have the necessary permissions to install Microsoft Access on
    this

    Gina Whipp, Mar 15, 2010

  3. johnleb

    Paul Shapiro Guest

    "johnleb" <> wrote in message
    > I have access 2003 and 2007 on the computer. I was copying some vba code
    > from 2003 and then testing it in 2007. I shut down everything and then
    > tried
    > to restart access 2007. When I did, I got an installer screen and then the
    > following message:
    > "Automatic Configuration of the current version of Microsoft Office Access
    > has failed. Your database might not function correctly. This can occur if
    > you do not have the necessary permissions to install Microsoft Access on
    > this
    > computer"
    > I can no longer run access 2007 as it shuts down after this message. Any
    > help on solving this greatly appreciated.. google was no help.

    Assuming you're running Vista or Win 7, did you try starting Access 2007 by
    right-clicking the shortcut and choosing Run as Administrator? Or you could
    try opening the Programs item in the Control Panel, selecting Office 2007
    and clicking the Change button and restoring the application.

    If you have to do some reinstallation, I've found it more productive to run
    only the current Office version on my computer, and run any older versions I
    need in a virtual machine.

    Paul Shapiro, Mar 15, 2010
  4. johnleb

    johnleb Guest

    Re: "Automatic Configuration of Access has failed" 2007 was workin

    I'm running xp sp3.. yes it does seem i'm going to have to re-install.. the
    2003 over writes some of the 2007 dll's.. That's really not a problem.. it's
    dealing with my inbox downloads, so I have to configure that for Imap first..
    So far no easy solution..

    johnleb, Mar 16, 2010
  5. johnleb

    IHateIsNAN Guest

    Re: "Automatic Configuration of Access has failed" 2007 was workin

    Paul, that was VERY helpful. I'm running Office 2010 beta and kept running
    into that same error.

    Back on track, thanks to you. I greatly appreciate it.

    Unfortunately, that means that I can now do my homework... ;-)

    IHateIsNAN, Apr 24, 2010
  6. johnleb

    Paul Shapiro Guest

    Re: "Automatic Configuration of Access has failed" 2007 was workin

    My understanding is that anytime you switch Office versions you need to do
    the run-as-admin. That's part of why I like virtual machines for running
    older versions. I have a VM with Windows XP and Office 2003 for the odd
    times that I need to check older software.

    Paul Shapiro, Apr 24, 2010
  7. johnleb

    matteo Guest

    matteo, May 15, 2010
  8. johnleb

    matteo Guest

    matteo, May 24, 2010
  9. Access 2007 is fully capable of opening and running a database created in
    Access 2003. While you can certain run 2003 and 2007 on the same machine,
    there are significant enough differences that require the Installer to run.

    Trying doing a uninstall/reinstall Office 2007.

    David C. Holley, May 26, 2010
  10. johnleb

    robin woly Guest

    Re: johnleb,Might help to post the code...

    hello,
    I have the same problem : ma solution whas to reinstall Office 2010 - run the install as administrator.
    and be sure that the "Windows Installer" in the "Services(Local) is started!.
    I run Access97 et Access2010 on the same pc.

    sorry for my English... :)

    robin woly, Jan 28, 2011
  11. johnleb

    robin woly Guest

    Re: johnleb,Might help to post the code...

    Hello,

    I have the same problem : ma solution whas to reinstall
    Office 2010 as a Administrator and be sure that the "Windows Installer" is started in "Services (Local)"
    I have no problem running access97 and access2010 on the same pc

    sorry for my English...

    Robin

    robin woly, Jan 28, 2011