    Outlook 2003 to a number of users, and the meeting is automaticall
    added to their calendar without any intervention from the user.

    Cheer

    pbrock, Apr 14, 2004

  2. pbrock

    G. Guest

    Go to Options-->Preferences--->Calendar Options--
    >Resource Scheduling, and select "Automatically accept

    meeting requests and process cancellations"

    G.

    way of making
    >outlook automatically accept meetings and add them to a

    user's outlook
    >calendar. This behavior already occurs by default within

    Netscape mail.
    >Outlook by default asks the person receiving the meeting

    the request
    >whether they wish to make a tentative or normal booking,

    then adds it
    >to their calendar.
    >
    >In summary, I would like to be able to send a meeting

    request in
    >Outlook 2003 to a number of users, and the meeting is

    automatically

    http://www.ExcelForum.com/

    G., Apr 14, 2004

  3. Oddly, I have configured this option but I still have to view the
    Meeting request before it shows up in my calendar. How do I force
    Outlook 2003 to add the meeting to my calendar?

    Thanks,

    Tarun

    Tarun Kripalani, Apr 16, 2004
  4. On 15 Apr 2004 15:22, (Tarun Kripalani) wrote:
    >Oddly, I have configured this option but I still have to view the
    >Meeting request before it shows up in my calendar. How do I force
    >Outlook 2003 to add the meeting to my calendar?
    >
    >Thanks,
    >
    >Tarun
    >
    >"G." <> wrote in message news:<1999c01c42226$f8e67150$>...
    >
    >> Go to Options-->Preferences--->Calendar Options--
    >> >Resource Scheduling, and select "Automatically accept

    >> meeting requests and process cancellations"
    >>
    >> G.

    Hmmm....it should do it automatically. Do you have Outlook set to automatically
    process receipts and requests? (Tools | Options | E-mail Options | Tracking
    Options). You might also just need to give it a little time. Sometimes
    the request/receipt sits in the Inbox for a short bit before being processed.

    -Ben-
    Ben M. Schorr, MVP-OneNote
    http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr
    http://www.thespoke.net/MyBlog/bschorr/MyBlog.aspx

    **I apologize but I cannot respond to direct inquiries. Please post any
    questions, answers or followups here in the newsgroups**

    Ben M. Schorr - OneNote MVP, Apr 16, 2004
  5. I checked the settings and I do have Outlook automatically processing
    Requests and Receipts. Any other ideas?

    Thanks.

    Tarun Kripalani, May 13, 2004
  6. Ben M. Schorr, MVP-OneNote, May 13, 2004
  7. On 12 May 2004 13:55, Tarun Kripalani wrote:
    >> On 15 Apr 2004 15:22, (Tarun Kripalani) wrote:
    >> >Oddly, I have configured this option but I still have to view the
    >> >Meeting request before it shows up in my calendar. How do I force
    >> >Outlook 2003 to add the meeting to my calendar?
    >> >
    >> >Thanks,
    >> >
    >> >Tarun

    Oh, sorry, I just noticed that you already have that set. Well, I don't
    have any other good ideas at this point. Those things get processed as
    part of a "scavenge" process that runs periodically when Outlook is idle.
    My only guess is that for some reason that process isn't running properly
    or that Outlook just isn't updating the calendar to reflect the change.

    You might try doing a Help | Detect and Repair, but that's just a SWAG.

    --
    -Ben-
    Ben M. Schorr, MVP-OneNote

    Ben M. Schorr, MVP-OneNote, May 13, 2004