    I would like to have Access 2003 send me an email notice when a specific date
    in a table is approaching. For instance, when the expiration of a lease
    agreement is approaching. Is this possible and how would I do it?

    Guest, Jun 23, 2006

    Alex Dybenko Guest

    Hi,
    I think you have to setup a hidden form with timer enabled (once in 5 mins
    or so), and in timer event you have to check your table for desired dates,
    if expiration approaching - then send an email using docmd.sendobject

    --
    Best regards,
    ___________

    Alex Dybenko, Jun 24, 2006

    Here's a link from my website, the code adapted from someone else, that
    I used to shutdown an Access database at a set time, but can easily be
    used to send reports at a timed interval.

    Times: http://code.comparative-advantage.com/download.php?RecordID=73

    Also, I have code on my site that can be used to generate Outlook
    e-mails, as well as Excel files from queries and/or reports.

    Outlook:
    http://code.comparative-advantage.com/download.php?RecordID=24

    Excel export:
    http://code.comparative-advantage.com/download.php?RecordID=8

    James Igoe

    Alex Dybenko wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I think you have to setup a hidden form with timer enabled (once in 5 mins
    > or so), and in timer event you have to check your table for desired dates,
    > if expiration approaching - then send an email using docmd.sendobject
    >
    > --
    > Best regards,
    > ___________
    > Alex Dybenko (MVP)
    > http://alexdyb.blogspot.com
    > http://www.PointLtd.com
    >
    > "Sheila Brown" <> wrote in message
    > >I would like to have Access 2003 send me an email notice when a specific
    > >date
    > > in a table is approaching. For instance, when the expiration of a lease
    > > agreement is approaching. Is this possible and how would I do it?

    , Jun 24, 2006

    Thanks a bunch! You are a lifesaver!

    Guest, Jun 24, 2006

    Thank you, this helps a lot!