    be done in a automated way. Currently we walk them
    throught the Wizard in XP to make a dial up connection
    but if there was a easyier way that would be great.

    Mike, Jul 28, 2003

  2. Hi Mike,

    The automated way is Microsoft's "managed RAS" solution, Connection Manager.
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/columns/cableguy/cg0901.asp

    (The CM binaries are already present on your Windows XP client machines.
    CMAK is the tool needed to create CM connectoid packages.)

    If you'd rather use a regular RAS connection, you can write an EXE to create
    the connectoid using RAS APIs. I don't know of a tool for this but someone
    on the NG may know of one.

    Hope that helps,
    Sumit

    Sumit Chakravarty [MS], Jul 28, 2003