    know anything about VBA so I'm finding it very hard to follow. Could anyone
    break it down for me?

    Thanks!!

    themetapoet, Sep 29, 2009

  2. themetapoet

    NAS Guest

    Sounds like you are talking about Access. This newsgroup is about Microsoft
    Word. Please repost your question in the appropriate newsgroup and I'm sure
    they will be happy to help.

    NAS, Sep 29, 2009

  3. themetapoet

    themetapoet Guest

    Thanks but my form fields are actually within a table in Word.

    themetapoet, Sep 29, 2009
  4. Don't use a second form field for the second occurrence. Instead use a REF
    field to reference the bookmark assigned to the dropdown form field. Make
    sure that "Calculate on exit" is checked in the Form Field Options for the
    dropdown field. You can use Insert | Reference | Cross-reference to insert
    the REF field, selecting "Bookmark" as the reference type and "Bookmark
    text" under "Insert reference to."

    --
    Suzanne S. Barnhill
    Microsoft MVP (Word)

    Suzanne S. Barnhill, Sep 29, 2009
  5. themetapoet

    Graham Mayor Guest

    Use a ref field to call the bookmark name of the dropdown field and check
    the calculate on exit check box of the dropdown field properties. eg
    { Ref Dropdown1 \*charformat }
    You will not need a macro unless the ref field is placed in the page header
    or in a text box.

    --
    <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
    Graham Mayor - Word MVP

    My web site www.gmayor.com
    Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
    <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

    Graham Mayor, Sep 30, 2009
  6. themetapoet

    Graham Mayor Guest

    Oops - I didn't see this branch of the thread before replying :(

    --

    Graham Mayor, Sep 30, 2009
  7. Well, if you didn't see it, the OP might not, either (one reason why I tend
    to be wary of replying to the initial post after a long thread has
    developed). I just hope the OP will see one or the other of our answers.

    --
    Suzanne S. Barnhill
    Microsoft MVP (Word)

    Suzanne S. Barnhill, Sep 30, 2009