    starts to boot up again, and this continues in a loop. I've tried starting in
    safe mode but it simply happens all over again. How can I get past this to
    actually get through the booting up and into windows again?

    Guest, Jun 24, 2007

  2. "Paul G00058838" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > This message keeps coming up on a blue screen as I try to boot up. It then
    > starts to boot up again, and this continues in a loop. I've tried starting
    > in
    > safe mode but it simply happens all over again. How can I get past this to
    > actually get through the booting up and into windows again?

    What kind of system is this, and what happened just before this started
    appearing? Is it a Dell, and did you run a partitioning program? Did you
    have a dual-boot setup with Linux?

    This can happen if the XP partition has been set to not active, or to
    hidden. .

    HTH
    -pk

    Patrick Keenan, Jun 24, 2007

    Claymore Guest

    On Jun 24, 1:06 pm, Paul G00058838
    <> wrote:
    > This message keeps coming up on a blue screen as I try to boot up. It then
    > starts to boot up again, and this continues in a loop. I've tried starting in
    > safe mode but it simply happens all over again. How can I get past this to
    > actually get through the booting up and into windows again?

    Using your XP installation CD, boot to the Recovery Console

    When you get to the command prompt window, type the following
    commands:

    chkntfs /x c:
    There is a space before and after /x
    This cancels the checkdsk on drive C:
    If you have other drives or partitions, add them as in:
    chkntfs /x c: d: e:

    Next, type this command

    Copy E:\i386\autochk.exe C:\Windows\System32\

    Where E: is the drive letter of your CD drive. Change this for your
    system, or cdnage directory (CD command) to get to your CD drive.
    And there is a space after autochk.exe

    In all this I'm assumimg that "Autochck" in your post is a typo for
    "Autochk".

    Claymore, Jun 24, 2007

    AndreZ Guest

    I have been having the same problem. When I start my computer a message pops
    up saying autocheck.exe not found skipping. I know why it is not there. I got
    a virus and Norton Internet security got rid of it but it also got rid of my
    autocheck program. You can fix the problem by reinstalllling your operating
    system. Unfortuantly, for me, I keep getting the same virus, all those
    abandonware dos games I guess:). Needless to say I allways end up with the
    error message. I will try copying the autochk file from my win Vista disks
    and see what happens. Perhaps you need to try and copy it as an
    administrator. I get that all the time on Vista.

    AndreZ, Sep 20, 2008