    fill in the part name and standard cost boxes based on that part number. I
    have a query that runs based off of a part number, to show standard cost and
    part name, no I just need them to auto fill on the form.

    jrrock26, Jun 7, 2010

  2. jrrock26

    Jeff Boyce Guest

    It sounds like you've already decided "how" ... here are a few
    considerations...

    If your form is 'bound' to a table (or a query), what you're proposing might
    be making unnecessary duplicate values (more like a spreadsheet than a
    database).

    If you use a combobox to look up (valid) part numbers, you could have the
    form display the relevant fields that belong with the selected part number,
    rather than have to run your macro to insert values.

    Good luck!

    Regards

    Jeff Boyce
    Microsoft Access MVP