Attach Excel Template to Existing Spreadsheet

Mike Atkins

I have used Word extensively for many years, but my spreadsheet use has been
rather superficial. Now I want to work on a decent project, and I think that
I have discovered what looks like a glaring deficiency. Maybe someone can
correct me, or explain why this is...

You can easily create a Template in Excel (I am looking at 2003 and 2007),
and you can modify the template to update the look in files after they are
created. You can even merge styles between files.

However, what you CAN'T DO is attach a template to a spreadsheet file after
you have created it!! To my mind, this is crazy!

Jim Cone

Open an Excel template.
Use it as you would any new file.
Save the file.
(a new file is created with your changes - the original template file remains unchanged)
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA