    Suggestions welcome,
    --
    Michelle

    Michelle, May 4, 2009

  2. Michelle

    Sheeloo Guest

    Choose SAVE AS -> Excel Tempalte (xltx) format if your workbook does not
    contain macros or Excel Template with Macros (xltm)...

    Then when you want to create a new workbook,
    Choose Excel Button-> New -> My Tempaltes then pick your template

    Sheeloo, May 4, 2009

  3. Michelle

    Michelle Guest

    Thanks for your suggestion, but I obviously didn't explain correctly.

    I do know how to create a template and apply to a new workbook, but what I
    want to do is to apply a template to an existing workbook (ie the imported
    CSV file). To complicate things, the imported data may not always have the
    same number of columns and rows.

    Hope this makes more sense.
    --
    Michelle

    Michelle, May 4, 2009
  4. Michelle

    Sheeloo Guest

    Press CTRL-A to selece the source worksheet.
    Press CTRL-c
    Go to the worksheet you want to fomrat
    Select cell A1
    Choose EDIT -> PASTE SPECIAL
    Choose FORMATS and click OK

    Sheeloo, May 4, 2009
  5. Michelle

    Michelle Guest

    Thanks for that suggestion.

    It works works partly - still have to adjust column widths, and the data
    imported is not always the same number of columns and rows, so that part
    doesn't work too well....
    --
    Michelle

    Michelle, May 4, 2009
  6. Michelle

    Sheeloo Guest

    Format the source for maximum columns expected...
    Or you can select one col in source and paste special over as many columns
    as you want.
    Play around with it a little and you will get the hang of it.

    Sheeloo, May 4, 2009