Asus P5W DH DELUXE has died, Need Rough Equivalent in New LGA 775 Mobo

Reaction score
So it finally happened. My Asus P5W DH Deluxe Mobo that I got about 2 years ago, that has been giving me problems ever since I bought it (that I would have RMA'd had I known that was it then) has finally died, and has killed my computer along with it. So I'm in the market for a new Mobo that will be rough equivalent but won't fail.

I need a mobo to be Intel 775 compatiable for a Core 2 Duo Processor. and have the following:

ATI CrossFireX capable

FSB of 1066/800

2 PCI Express x16 slots
2 PCI Express x1 slots
3 PCI slots

4-6 240pin RAM slots for DDR2 800

4 x USB 2.0

SATA RAID/Matrix RAID capable
RAID Controllers

And be big enough to support whatever else I'm forgetting that would go well on a big desktop full tower. I don't need Wi-Fi, I just need a Mobo that won't go kaput when I reboot and can stand up to whatever I throw at it running graphics sotware or games 24-7. It doesn't even need to be Asus I just need to find something to put my PC back together again.

Any recommendations would be cool if anyone knows.

- KFT

Last edited:
Reaction score
UPDATE: I actually just got off the horn with an Asus tech who said the Asus P5Q Deluxe is everything I need as most of the newer features are backwards compatible (RAM type and FSB etc) anyways.

So I guess it's P5Q Deluxe for me all the way.

Moderator, feel free to delete this thread. thx.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
The Asus P5Q Deluxe is a good and suitable motherboard.

I'm surprised you're staying with Asus though after your bad experience.

I was going to suggest a DFI or Gigabyte 775 board but I'd thoroughly recommend the one you've chosen.

Ask a Question