Asus P5P800 Problem?

Discussion in 'Asus Motherboards' started by BobbyRooney, Nov 6, 2004.

  1. BobbyRooney

    BobbyRooney Guest

    I purschased this board a week ago and i am having problems booting,

    Maxtor Sata connected to sata1 (it is the 10 version not 9)

    configuration on primary ide
    Liteon dvd rom (master) Pioneer 107d dvd writer on slave.

    no connections on secondary ide.

    I have checked the boot up sequence in the bios and it is

    1. Maxtor
    2. Liteon

    Now when i boot it hangs after the bios screen asking for a boot disk, i
    have installed XPsp2 (clean install) it either boots or not and the bios
    keeps loosing the sata drive ie no mention in the bios.
    i have not enabled any overclocking settings at all.

    Can anyone shed any light on this, thanks for now.

    Bobby

    BobbyRooney, Nov 6, 2004

  2. BobbyRooney

    Steve S Guest

    I had a problem similar to this, bios kept losing the drive.
    I checked the 12v line and it was at 10v and dropped with load.
    Try to disconnect all non essential components and see if it will boot
    further.

    Steve S, Nov 18, 2004