ASUS A8N-E Info

Don Farrow

I am thinking of buying a system with the A8N-E motherboard. Has anyone got
any opinions on this board God or Bad

Thanks Don

name

I'm using it, have no problems and am very satisfied. Last I checked
newegg.com has it on sale for $125.
In my opinion, this board is good for the low to intermediate gamer and,
espcially, for a computer tech like myself.
This board overclocks well and with a BIOS update it would be ready for the
dual-cores.

HTH,
john

Mark A

Don Farrow said:
I am thinking of buying a system with the A8N-E motherboard. Has anyone got
any opinions on this board God or Bad

Thanks Don
I am very satisfied with mine. Note that I replaced the chipset cooler
(never tried it without).

Antec 3700-BQE w/Nexus 120 @12V, Seasonic S12-380, Asus A8N-E w/ ZM-NB47J
chip cooler, AMD64 3500+ .90 w/XP-120 & Nexus 120 @12V, 1GB (2 x 512)
Corsair 3200C2PT, 2 x WD 160 GB SATA, Plextor PX-716A, Leadtek 6600GT
w/Zalman VF700 AlCu @5V, Audigy2 ZS, AcoustiPack Std.

Mark A

Don Farrow said:
What is wrong with the chip set cooler that comes with the board.

Don
It is very noisy. Actually, the actual heat sink is minuscule (not counting
the fan) and the fan must therefore run at very high speeds which makes a
loud noise. So with the much larger Zalman passive heatsink, I still get
better cooling.

My system sits underneath my work table and is only barely audible (only in
certain situations where the ambient noise level is extremely low).

Mark A

What is wrong with the chip set cooler that comes with the board.
It is very noisy. Actually, the actual heat sink is minuscule (not
counting the fan) and the fan must therefore run at very high speeds which
makes a loud noise. So with the much larger Zalman passive heatsink, I
still get better cooling.

My system sits underneath my work table and is only barely audible (only
in certain situations where the ambient noise level is extremely low).
Here is a pic of the Zalman chipset cooler installed on the A8N-E
http://forums.silentpcreview.com/viewtopic.php?t=19902&start=65

Joined
Jun 24, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I Need Help.....

name said:
I'm using it, have no problems and am very satisfied. Last I checked
newegg.com has it on sale for $125.
In my opinion, this board is good for the low to intermediate gamer and,
espcially, for a computer tech like myself.
This board overclocks well and with a BIOS update it would be ready for the
dual-cores.

HTH,
john
"Don Farrow" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>I am thinking of buying a system with the A8N-E motherboard. Has anyone got
>any opinions on this board God or Bad
>
> Thanks Don

I have an ASUS A8N-E Motherboard and I can not load windows on it AT ALL. I have put countless hours into and I keep getting errors. Can you help me????
Email me at (e-mail address removed)