Asus A7V8X Images Leaked

Reaction score
Asus is in the news for the second day in a row regarding its upcomming motherboards. We have uncovered a picture of its upcomming A7V8X motherboard, which will be the first to have the Via KT400 chipset (should be launched tomorrow). The board will also feature 8X AGP, 2 Serial ATA slots, RAID, 6 x USB2.0, 2x Firewire (IEEE 1394) as well as supporting a faster FSB and other new features.

Doesn't look like they've fixed a whole lot of the issues that they had with the layout of the KT333 (look at the small gap between the DDR slots and the AGP slot), though. What's interesting to note is that if you look at both this image and the one of the Clawhammer board I posted yesterday, you'll notice that there are some serious differences in the layout. Notice how much further the DDR slots on the K8 board are. It almost appears as though the Clawhammer motherboard is larger (the PCB) than the A7V8X. I wonder if it respects ATX specs, or maybe its just an optical illusion.

I'm very interested in hearing what you think about this, so please post comments on this post if you think I'm either right/wrong.

<center>
</center>

Attachments

• a7v8x2.jpg
    a7v8x2.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 4,114
Reaction score
Here is the original image size, I scaled it down for you viewing please (displeasure?) on the main page.

Attachments

• a7v8x.jpg
    a7v8x.jpg
    379.6 KB · Views: 4,311
Reaction score
K8 comparison

Looks to me like both the K8 and A7v8x are the same size.

The K8 has one less pci slot and the agp card is "lower" down the board than on the A7v8x.
It does look like the footprint for the cpu on the k8 board is smaller though.....

Ask a Question