asp.net application to offline mode?

Discussion in 'Microsoft ASP .NET' started by Guest, Sep 28, 2004.

    Hello,

    We have asp.net application. Now we need to have the same functionality but
    in the offline mode. There are several options we are lookig at:

    1. most obvious - write a windows app with local DB and synchronisation.
    instead of synch one can advise using offline application block and use
    services base architecture.

    2. use existing Web app on the local PC - use local IIS, istall MSDE and use
    local database. configure replication process and design small windows app to
    allow control of replication process and switch between online/offfline modes.

    What would be your comments/suggestions/advise on our problem and possible
    solutions. Any input is gratly appreciated.

    Thanks,

    Nkt

    Guest, Sep 28, 2004

  2. You can actually run ASP.NET page locally without a Web server at all. You
    could literally ship everything on a CD.

    Here's an article on how to do it:

    Host ASP.NET Applications
    Leverage the System.Web.Hosting classes to serve up your own ASP.NET
    applications.

    http://www.ftponline.com/vsm/2002_10/magazine/columns/aspnet/default.aspx

    Let us know how you make out?

    Ken