ASP Database Results and Search Form page displays results upon initial entry

G

I'm an experienced DB designer, but a beginner FP user. How can I keep this from happening? I used the DB Results wizard to create the page. It works great except for this behavior, which my client thinks (and I agree) is undesirable. Is there some setting I'm missing in the wizard, and/or can I trick it into not returning records with something in the default values settings for the search forms? BTW, I have 5 fields in the search form, all of which are text. I don't have any default search values set, and would prefer not to. I have the match logic set to "Begins with" for all 5 fields. Thanks in advance for any help...!

G

Also, if the only solution is to separate the Search Form from the Results Page (i.e. put them on separate pages), that would be fine. But please tell me how to do that if you can without too much trouble. Thanks!

Ask a Question