    Thanks.

    OM

    , Mar 1, 2005

  2. Guest Guest

    I shampoo my hair every day and it really adds a luster
    and beauty that I just love. It leaves my hair so silky.

    You didn't mention what brand you use . . .

    to be that

    Guest, Mar 1, 2005

  3. MIke Guest

    MIke, Mar 1, 2005
  4. Ashampoo is fine. But why do you need it? What issues do you hope to
    address?

    What is better is judicious use of the same XP tools such as Disk Cleanup,
    etc. A good site for maintenance info is: http://aumha.org/win5/

    Colin Barnhorst, Mar 1, 2005
  5. In news:,
    MIke <> respectfully replied ;-)
    > wrote:
    >> I shampoo my hair every day and it really adds a luster
    >> and beauty that I just love. It leaves my hair so silky.
    >>
    >> You didn't mention what brand you use . . .
    >> STUPID ASS! The guy asked a simple question!~

    A little humor impaired aren't you Mike? :cool:
    --
    Michael Stevens MS-MVP XP

    http://www.michaelstevenstech.com

    Michael Stevens, Mar 1, 2005
  6. Guest Guest

    Exactly right Michael. Plus the fact that Mr. OM didn't
    bother to mention 1) What problems he is having, 2) What
    the product Ashampoo is designed to address, 3) How much
    it costs, 4) What type of system he has, 5) etc.

    In addition, the poster seems to me to have answered his
    own question, i.e.
    >>> it doesn't seem to be that good.

    programs.

    Sheesh !

    >MIke <> respectfully replied ;-)
    >> wrote:
    >>> I shampoo my hair every day and it really adds a luster
    >>> and beauty that I just love. It leaves my hair so

    silky.

    >>> You didn't mention what brand you use . . .
    >>> STUPID ASS! The guy asked a simple question!~
    >>>>

    >A little humor impaired aren't you Mike? :cool:
    >--
    >Michael Stevens MS-MVP XP
    >
    >http://www.michaelstevenstech.com
    >For a better newsgroup experience. Setup a newsreader.
    >http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/outlookexpressnewreader.

    htm

    Guest, Mar 1, 2005
  7. Guest Guest

    The poster clearly states that ANY feedback would be
    appreciated . . . lighten up, Mike !

    Guest, Mar 1, 2005
  8. Ad Guest

    MIke wrote:
    > wrote:
    >
    >>I shampoo my hair every day and it really adds a luster
    >>and beauty that I just love. It leaves my hair so silky.
    >>
    >>You didn't mention what brand you use . . .
    >>STUPID ASS! The guy asked a simple question!~

    I thought it was funny, makes a change to have a laugh in here :)

    Anyway, back to the problem, the guy did not say what Ashampoo, since
    they make a lot of software.

    Ad, Mar 1, 2005
  9. You ask if Ashampoo is any good. You then state that you tried it and it
    doesn't seem so good.

    WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT TO KNOW? Don't you learn from experience?

    --
    Regards,

    Richard Urban

    aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

    Richard Urban, Mar 1, 2005

    gawd! some of u lot r a bit sensitive! : )

    ashampoo - i was referring to the uninstaller.
    allegedly, it gets rid of ALL changes left by a setup program.
    it takes a snashot of ur system before install and after install.
    then... when you run it to uninstall the application, you can be rest
    assured that ALL bits have been removed, like hidden registry entries.

    i've tried it... and it seems ok.
    but... i just wanted to know if there were any alternatives?

    thanks.

    , Mar 1, 2005
  11. Before you said you tried it and it didn't seem any good. Now you're saying
    it seems OK. Which is it?

    --
    Regards,

    Richard Urban

    aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

    Richard Urban, Mar 1, 2005

    ok... i suppose i did say that. : )

    to be honest... i'm not sure how 'good' it is.
    i don't have anything to compare it against.
    it does claim to remove EVERYTHING after an install.
    but, i haven't run exhaustive tests to see if that's the case.

    on another topic, should it not be 'illegal' for applications to leave
    specific bits of data behind after being unintsalled?

    , Mar 1, 2005
  13. I think that the only people who have to worry about that scenario are those
    who load their computer with pirated software. If, for instance, a company
    knows that they are about to undergo a software audit so they uninstall all
    the illegal copies of Acrobat and AutoCAD.

    Now, suppose bits get left behind that implicate them. They are caught in
    the audit and face the possibility of hefty fines. Can they turn around and
    sue the companies that are suing them - for having faulty uninstallers which
    is the cause of their current bit of grief? After all, if the uninstallers
    got rid of "everything" there would be no case against them!

    --
    Regards,

    Richard Urban

    aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

    Richard Urban, Mar 1, 2005

    yes, i'm sure some people would do that.
    but would you not agree that as time goes by, ANY windows system slowly
    grinds to a halt, as new programs are installed and uninstalled.
    your pc that was lightning fast one day runs as slow as a dinosaur.

    this program, i was hoping, would partially solve this problem.
    if i knew that i could get rid of every trace of a particular software,
    then i'm sure my pc would remain in its original form.

    also, i would add that many software leave behind other bits of
    software that act as spyware. ashampoo would make sure that everything
    relating to the program was deleted.

    i'm sure it's 100%, but it's got to be better than the current
    add/remove functionality of windows?

    let me know what you think.

    , Mar 1, 2005
  15. Many of us who are constantly trying, and then removing programs, use an
    imaging program. I can install anything I like. If I decide that I don't
    want it, or it screws up my system, I am back to the way I was before trying
    the noxious program - within 5-10 minutes.

    Try Drive Image or Ghost. You will be pleased that you did.

    --
    Regards,

    Richard Urban

    aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

    Richard Urban, Mar 1, 2005
  16. Ken Blake Guest

    In news:,
    <> typed:

    > yes, i'm sure some people would do that.
    > but would you not agree that as time goes by, ANY windows
    > system
    > slowly grinds to a halt, as new programs are installed and
    > uninstalled.
    > your pc that was lightning fast one day runs as slow as a
    > dinosaur.

    I'm not the person you were replying to, and since you quoted
    nothing, I don't know who it was, or what the previous part of
    the thread was about, but I'll throw my two cents in. No, I do
    not at all agree with that at all.

    Please reply to the newsgroup

    Ken Blake, Mar 1, 2005