as rock h97 fatal1ty performance usb always on and system turns on by itself

Reaction score
hi guys, i really need help, i'm obsessing over this. nowhere on the internet can i find the specific uefi setting for the H97 Fatal1ty Performance to turn usb off when system is shut down. i have no erp setting or that on/off play setting. deep sleep makes no difference either. i have no as rock apps installed, like app charger or anything. everything, and i mean EVERYTHING is disabled to wake up the pc, as i've checked absolutely everything, even RTC Alarm Power is off. AC/Power Loss in UEFI off. Dehumidifier OFF. in device manager everything unticked in 'allow to wake..' i even physically use my wireless mouse and keyboard buttons to set them on OFF after shutdown. i have no tasks or updates scheduled. nothing. PSU is fine, voltages are perfect. please tell me there is someone here who at least knows what option needs to be disabled so that usb will be off when computer is off. i mean even my speakers remain ON after shutdown, bec they are usb. and maybe then my ghostly boots will disappear too. i also have the latest bios.

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Hi Sighwinder and welcome to the Forums :)

Below is the advice recommended on the ASRock Support website, hope it might help:

attachment.php

Source: http://www.asrock.com/support/qa/TSDQA-90.pdf

Attachments

• ASRock.JPG
    ASRock.JPG
    33.2 KB · Views: 524

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I have a story for you too ...

I had a nice headset, but the ear muff compound began to perish and literately fall to pieces, my fault for buying Logitech.

Anyway, it was USB and never failed to turn off after I shutdown the PC. Why do I even bother mentioning that? Well, my new headset, even though it uses the same USB port never turns off when I shut down the PC.

My 'solution' is, to lean over to the PSU and turn it off. :)

It is an AssRock board too, never thought to read the manual. :lol:

I do, however, have to ask, what OS are you using? ... I hear Win 8 only goes to sleep and not actually power off.

:user:

Reaction score
cool story bro:)) it acually is, makes me realize my OCD is maybe too strong :)), and yeah, i'll just do a fresh windows install and then use the psu switch if it happens again. thank u all!

Ask a Question