    mode anyway. F8 will not put me there either. Can I do it through run?
    Usually there is more than one way to do things. I have xp home. I found an
    old article but it didn't fit my issue totally.

    Mopsy, Feb 16, 2008

  2. Not sure if you can start windows or not, but if so, you can go to
    start/run, and type:
    msconfig

    The Boot.ini tab has a checkbox for "/SAFEBOOT"

    --
    Was this helpful? Then click the Ratings button. Voting helps the web
    interface.

    Mark L. Ferguson

    ..

    Mark L. Ferguson, Feb 16, 2008

  3. Mopsy

    Mopsy Guest

    Yes, I can get into windows and will try this suggestion. Do you have any
    thoughts why my arrows don't work. Does it have something to do with my
    keyboard type--usb or what ever. Could I delete the file named below w/o
    going to safe mode? F8 does not work for me either. Yet all the books say
    do that as it boots. Frustrating. I have several BSODs popping up from time
    to time but this is one I know is causing a challenge. Thanks for your help.
    I am leaving home till late tonight so I am monitoring but not the rest of
    today.

    Mopsy, Feb 16, 2008
  4. Usually, the BIOS needs upgrading ('flashed' by software sometimes available
    from a system manufacturer's web site.) You can use a "PS/2" (round instead
    of flat) connection to a keyboard and avoid that.
    Probably the best solution is running 'devmgmt.msc' to disable that device
    you mention is not connected. There may also be something in add/remove that
    you can uninstall.

    Mark L. Ferguson, Feb 16, 2008