Arranging Photos on CD or External Hard Drive

Reaction score
I am running Windows 8.1 and Chrome. I have taken my family photos and put them on a CD and an External Drive. Once I move from from the computer, I cannot move them to where I want them on the CD or Drive. Any help?

Also, the name of each photo appear on the CD I want the picture itself with the name under it.

Thanks

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
You need to get your photos in order and fully edited BEFORE you move them to CD.

Good editing programmes are Picasa and IrfanView, both free.

Reaction score
If you use a WORM disc (Write Once Read Many) you will not be able to edit photos from that disc unless you copy them onto a hard drive or similar first

As suggested leave them on a hard drive of some other removable device ie a USB stick so you can edit them at your leisure then burn them onto a more permanent media

Or alternatively use a Rewritable disk util you are finished then burn them on DVD/CD

Have you copy protected the files when they have been burned onto CD?

Simply allowing names under files is an ICON setting within windows
Usually

Right click in area/View as/Choose setting

Last edited:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Picasa will do what you need ... you will have to 'sort' your pics into libraries (folders) within Picasa, you can set titles/descriptions, and, move the pics around in any order you like, and, slideshow full screen ... Picasa doesn't care where or how your pics are stored, but manipulation of your pics is made easy. :)

have fun!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
...put them on a CD and an External Drive.

What sort of an external drive? If it's a hard disk and it's recognised in Win 8.1 then you should be able to edit any pictures on it.

But pictures burnt to the most commonly used CD-r's or DVD-R's are a permanent record, they can't be edited.

As well as the aforementioned editing programs there's also one known as The Gimp, a freebie, which is similar to Adobe's Photoshop.

Ask a Question