Windows XP "applying computer settings" Win XP Pro

Cry

Reaction score
Hi all,

Im in need of some help with my home network. About 1 month ago I rigged my old machine up with SBS 2003 for learning and messing around with, It all seems to be working fine but I have a problem.

The Problem:

I have 2 Windows XP SP2 machines on the network with the server, when the 2 machines are loading up they seem to take ages on "applying computer settings" after about 2 minutes they will popup with the ctrl + alt + del screen, once logged in they work fine. They are connect though a local domain and get IP's from the servers DHCP.

I have a number of searches on this problem and I cant seem to find a answer.

Server Specs:
Intel P4 1.7
768MB Ram
80GB HDD
Windows SBS 2003 fully service packed

Server does: DHCP, Domain Controller, Exchange

Client machine #1
Opteron 170
2GB Ram
2x 250GB WD 16MB Cache Raid 0
7900GT
XP SP2

Client machine #2
AMd 64 3000
1GB Ram
80GB 8mb Cache
FX5200
XP SP2

If you require any more info please let me know and I will supply you with it. I also have Remote Access setup on the server for anyone who would like to take alook and that I can trust ;)

Hope you can help
Regards
Steve

Reaction score
Hi Steve welcome to the Forum. Unfortunately I cant suggest anything at present because of it being so late, but hang fire i'm sure someone will have something to add

;)

Ask a Question