Anyway to fix it in DOS - only option I have now!!

TheALB

I tried to download the patch and in the middle of it the
computer shut down because of the virus. Now it won't
even restart - but it does give me the option of safe
mode, safe mode with command prompt, last known successful
version of windows, and regular windows - the last two
options didn't work, so if I chose the command prompt
option is there anyway to do it? Thanks.
"I refomat this, I reformat that, I'll reform the damn
thing with a big wooden bat."

Mike Woolley

Like your quote ;)

Try Safe Mode. It will take a long time to load, but its worth the wait
because it won't fire the virus as it does in normal mode and the box will
stay up. Once you're up, follow the instructions in this link to remove the
virus:

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.blaster.worm.htm

good luck!

Mike