    Currently using combos populated with list of data already used in this
    field - then use code to expand the list when the user presses down arrow

    but has anyone come up with google type auto complete text box

    Chris K, Jul 28, 2010

  2. Chris K

    Mike Painter Guest

    You could expand on Alllen's suggestion by building an index with the help
    of the split functionon (almost) every word in the field. A "stop list"
    dumps common words such as "as", "if", "to" and so on.

    "The big red wagon". would index big, red, and wagon
    "Red sails in the sunset" would store red, sails, and sunset.
    Entering words in any order would return the relative records.

    (And yes I "borrowed" this from Pick.)

    Mike Painter, Jul 30, 2010