    I need to use standard zlib inflate/deflate procedures... does c# support
    this?

    how/where are the relevant classes?

    Guest, Mar 31, 2006

    There is native support for the standard inflate / deflate method in the .NET
    2.0 Compression namespace. If you want more control, ICSharpCode.SharpZiplib
    is an open source library that offers more options and is compatible with the
    native Zlib functions.
    Peter

    http://www.eggheadcafe.com
    UnBlog:
    http://petesbloggerama.blogspot.com

    Guest, Mar 31, 2006

    Lebesgue Guest

    ..NET Framework 2.0 has implementation of zip algorithms, but can't handle
    zip files (e.g. read the headers etc)look at the System.IO.Compression
    namespace. Another possibility is to use libraries from J# or some third
    party zip libraries, like the open source sharpziplib.

    Lebesgue, Mar 31, 2006
  4. On Fri, 31 Mar 2006 07:06:03 -0800, MrNobody
    <> wrote:

    >I need to use standard zlib inflate/deflate procedures... does c# support
    >this?
    >
    >how/where are the relevant classes?

    I've used sharpziplib and it works well.

    Good luck with your project,

    Otis Mukinfus
    http://www.arltex.com
    http://www.tomchilders.com