    sure that everything is running the way they're supposed to run.

    Regards,

    Rob Gordon

    Robert Gordon, Aug 19, 2003

  2. Robert Gordon

    Herb Martin Guest

    > Is there a way to do an overall sanity check on my domain's AD, DDNS and
    > DHCP services?

    DCDiag for DCs and NetDiag for non-DCs

    They are in the Support Tools directory of the server CD-ROM.

    There is not special report in these conserning DHCP but the
    DCs, DNS, and the network are "sanity" checked.

    Best way to start is to run them without output directed to a file,
    and then open the text file in notepad etc and search for FAIL,
    WARN, ERROR.

    (These tools default to doing almost all test so there is no reason
    at first to mess with a bunch of switches except you might use
    the "output" file option since EARLY versions were prone to give
    different results if you "redirected" to a file using the ">" command
    mechanism.)

    Herb Martin, Aug 19, 2003

  3. There's a good KB article about diagnostics, troubleshooting and recovery
    at:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/reskit/samplechapters/dsbi/dsbi_add_vost.asp

    Regards,
    /Jimmy