any fw equivalent to Norton win doctor and disk doctor?

Discussion in 'Freeware' started by Gordon Abbot, Oct 18, 2003.

  1. Gordon Abbot

    Gordon Abbot Guest

    Subject says it all- is/are there freeware that do the same job as
    Norton windoctor and diskdoctor?

    I have been buying Norton since win 3.1 but now that they are on the
    callin registration kick, like turbotax and xp, I will go elsewhere. Too
    much hassle if you buy a new machine, new hd or have to re-format.

    As usual, companies penalize their paying customers and still do not
    stop piracy.

    GA
    --
    My address is spoofed, so do not reply directly.

    Gordon Abbot, Oct 18, 2003

  2. Gordon Abbot

    Lord Possum Guest

    "Gordon Abbot" <> wrote :

    > Subject says it all- is/are there freeware that do the same job as
    > Norton windoctor and diskdoctor?

    Norton's Disk Doctor is much the same as Scandisk .. which is pretty
    good. You did not detail your dissatisfaction with Scandisk, so must
    assume you prefer something else. The only other similar freeware
    product seems to be Hard Drive Scandisk Pro from PC Cure (1999).

    It may be found at: http://tinyurl.com/reuu and then download from Toget.

    I find it very fast for all drives except C: .. and cannot figure out why.

    Lord Possum, Oct 18, 2003