Antivirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Which is the best antivirus available today? Are there any viruses which cannot be traced by the antivirus or cannot be removed after formatting?

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
there is NO best antivirus ... there are some that perform, in tests, better than others.

Are there any viruses which cannot be traced by the antivirus or cannot be removed after formatting?
In time gone by, yes, especially if you did not "format" the drive correctly (fdisk /mbr) ... these days, especially with the advent of the modern BIOS, a little rare to say the least.

:user:

Reaction score
I use Kaspersky Internet Security 2016.
But keeping a pair of Purdey's handy would work the same!

Reaction score
It's not just about having the "best" antivirus software (although having it is obviously a must), it's also helpful if you understand a bit about different types of attacks / what they look like and how to recognise them etc - this guide gives a good overview, I have to say I never realised there were so many different types of cyberthreats out there :( Knowledge is the best defence, as they say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question