    I know Trend Pc cillin do a good Vista trial beta program, however it was
    constantly updating lol, are there any others worth a look?

    thanks...

    Marc Nutty, Sep 9, 2006

  2. Marc Nutty

    Beck Guest

    "Marc Nutty" <> wrote in message
    news:%...
    > Hi,
    >
    > Are ant-virus programs in Vista absolutly necessary?

    IMO Yes.

    > I know Trend Pc cillin do a good Vista trial beta program, however it was
    > constantly updating lol, are there any others worth a look?

    I think Trend is the only one to work with Vista properly at the moment.
    If its constantly updating then its doing its job. Its only a quick update
    every 3 hrs :)

    Beck, Sep 9, 2006

  3. Trend Micro is probably the only compatible one at the moment, more sure be
    released or updated though. Its important for a number of reasons, this is
    Windows which is considered a high target because of its large user base,
    most users will continue to run as Administrator and disable UAC which will
    help to make system more prone to attack. Virus/Trojan/Malware writers are
    continually searching the OS for vulnerabilities. Even recent beta builds
    were subject to attacks.

    So its best you stay ahead by having a install AV and most important of all,
    keep it updated.
    --
    http://adacosta.live.spaces.com

    Andre Da Costa, Sep 9, 2006
  4. Marc Nutty

    Jean-Marc Guest

    No, Avast is OK now. see here : http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=23424
    jm

    Jean-Marc, Sep 9, 2006
  5. Marc Nutty

    Jeff Guest

    hi Andre,
    FYI-lol ala. KJP
    AVAST is working now too for RC1 x86

    Jeff

    Jeff, Sep 9, 2006
  6. Great :)

    Andre Da Costa, Sep 9, 2006
  7. An antivirus program is a necessity for ANY computer connected to the
    Internet or that gets data from any outside source. Even a borrowed floppy,
    CD or USB drive can introduce a virus into your system.

    --
    Richard G. Harper [MVP Shell/User]

    Richard G. Harper, Sep 9, 2006
  8. Marc Nutty

    Jane C Guest

    Funny thing is...Avast was always working on x64 RC1, but not x86. Go
    figure!!

    --
    Jane, not plain ;) 64 bit enabled :)
    Batteries not included. Braincell on vacation :)

    Jane C, Sep 9, 2006
  9. Marc Nutty

    Guest Guest

    Try avast it works great with vista