AntiVir Interface and Updates

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I do like AntiVir, but there are a few things little things that I miss about others.

It seems to take AGES to update its virus database - sometimes its about 3 minutes just to find the file? I've got no idea why this is, but it happens on all the PCs I use it on.

The interface also seems a little dated and Windows 95 ish compared to others, it doesn't look as good as well as it performs.

Anyone else find this too?

I can't really complain because its free and functional, but it would be nice to have a better interface :)

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Ian,

I had the problem with Norton and since I uninstalled it from my laptop the system is much faster and now I have Avast installed in place of Norton. It is a great Anti virus program with very nice interface and very quick to update. All updates of the database as well as the program are automatically downloaded. You need to worry about nothing. Besides it found many viruses which Norton missed ;)

I have been using it since about a week and now in position to say, go for it!

Here is the link

Reaction score
YES IT DOSE.

It seem like all the free antivirus works better than the comercial stuff. I gave the ones I payed for about 3 too my friends.

The other Nortons programs I think work very well and keepin them.

This might sound crazy but I just installed free Bitdefender and turned the program off running in the background because I have Antivir running. I have done this before with no conflicts.

Ill see what happens.

Opps!!!
Is that smoke comming out of the case.

Ask a Question