AntiSpyware Remains Active after every scan- freezes computer

Discussion in 'Security and Anti-Spyware Community' started by Guest, Oct 26, 2005.

    When I first downloaded the program I had no problems, but since the last
    update (Version 1.0.615) the program remains in an "active" state after every
    scan.

    Set Up:
    I have the program set up to hide the icon on the system tray.
    I have enabled the real-time spyware threat protection.
    I have enabled the AntiSpyware security agents on start-up.
    I have scheduled the AntiSpyware program to run a deep scan daily.
    Problem:
    When the Microsoft AntiSpyware scanning engine scans my computer, my entire
    system slows down and freezes on and off. But once the scan is finished, the
    program remains active (the icon is visable in the tool bar) which continues
    to freeze up my computer. Each time I have to log off and reboot my computer
    to stop the AntiSpyware program.

    Has anyone else experienced this problem? Is there a solution?

    Guest, Oct 26, 2005

    Dave M Guest

    Hi Jen;
    Yes, I think that's by design with RTP (real time protection). All the security
    agents are constantly monitoring your system for activity. Are you using MSAS on
    an older system or one with less memory? I barely notice MSAS running unless
    it's in the middle of a scan, but I have a very fast system with a Gig of mem.
    Unfortunately, I can't give you any good recommendations other than selectively
    disabling some of the more esoteric RTP agents of the 59 total to see what
    happens, but RTP is the real benefit of running MSAS. Even disabling all the
    security agents (right click on the tray icon) keeps MSAS showing active when
    hovering over that icon, by the way (bug?)
    --
    Regards, Dave

    Dave M, Oct 27, 2005

    Fugz

    Joined:
    Nov 17, 2005
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Sigh

    I can't help but I have EXACTLY the same problem.

    Fugz, Nov 17, 2005