An error occurred while Windows was working with the Control Panel file C:\windows\system32\netsetup

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help' started by sportygirl2171@gmail.com, Feb 2, 2007.

  1. Guest

    I recently have begun to experience receiving the following error when
    trying to open my Control Panel on my Laptop (running Windows XP SP2)

    An error occurred while Windows was working with the Control Panel
    file C:\windows\system32\netsetup.cpl

    I tried to carry out the following workaround

    Uninstall Visual IP InSight

    1. Click Start, click Run, type appwiz.cpl, and then click OK.
    2. Click Visual IP InSight in the Add or Remove Programs list, and
    then click Remove.
    3. In the Confirm File Deletion dialog box, click Yes.

    However when I search for 'Visual IP InSight' in the Add or Remove
    Programs, it is not shown.

    I am at a complete loss.

    The error is very frustrating, as it will constantly pop-up until all
    icons are showing. This happens more than 40 times, possible more...
    and slows everything right down to a grind.

    Can anyone suggest something.

    Help!!!

    , Feb 2, 2007

  2. Wesley Vogel Guest

    Ask your ISP.

    Uninstall this crap!

    You receive an "Error occurred while Windows was working with the Control
    Panel file" error message when you open Control Panel in Windows XP SP2
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/892890

    Are you using Verizon? Or SBC?

    netsetup.cpl is related to IPMON32. IPMON32 = IPMON32.exe

    ipmon32.exe is an application from Verizon. It provides the user with
    monitor diagnostic tools. It is known to consume large amount of resources.

    [[Q: Is IP insight really needed?
    A: No it's not necessary at all. It's a diagnostic tool that Verizon techs
    can use to troubleshoot connection problems on your line. IP Insight is a
    Quality of Service and/or diagnostic package - but it's not used by VOL at
    this time - there's no back-end companion for tech support or NOC to use to
    access it... It does send "phone home" data used to check latency and
    network traffic occasionally, but like any other features that it contains
    are unused or not implemented.]]
    http://www.dslreports.com/faq/1247

    IPMon32.exe seems to be related to spyware.

    C:\Program Files\Visual Networks\Visual IP InSight\SBC\IPMon32.exe

    C:\Program Files\Verizon Online\Visual IP InSight\IPHook32.dll

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:,
    <> hunted and pecked:

    Wesley Vogel, Feb 2, 2007

    Hi,

    I am not using Verzion. I have tried searching for the files

    C:\Program Files\Visual Networks\Visual IP InSight\SBC\IPMon32.exe

    Can't find it in my program files

    , Feb 3, 2007
  4. Wesley Vogel Guest

    Do a Search for IPMon32.exe, see this...
    HOW TO: Search For Hidden Or System Files In Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/302347

    If it shows up see what folder it's in.

    Also Search for the files: armon32a.exe, arupld32.exe, ipclient.exe,
    matcli.exe and sentry.exe. These are all part of InSight.

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User