amazing we are still here

gene

maybe ms forgot about this newsgroup
robin

I hope so. Seeing new posts to this newsgroup is easy, since on screen
it lurks at the bottom of the few others I keep up with, underneath my
email folders. Without this group, I wouldn't see many of the notices
about updates to MS and and others' products that get posted here, at
least not in a timely way.

Gene

someone

I hope so. Seeing new posts to this newsgroup is easy, since on screen
it lurks at the bottom of the few others I keep up with, underneath my
email folders. Without this group, I wouldn't see many of the notices
about updates to MS and and others' products that get posted here, at
least not in a timely way.

Gene

Amen.

Bill Sharpe, BullDawg

Isn't this a private and not public newsgroup? I access it through

privatenews.microsoft.com

which requires a username and password. However, I believe we all use the
same username and password. Since it is not a public group, that more than
likely explains why we are still around.

--

_______________

BullDawg
In God We Trust
_______________

robinb

yes it is monitored and yes they do know but my sources at ms told me it
would be the first to go- so that is why I was wondering why it is still
here
robin

Randy Knobloch

robinb said:
yes it is monitored and yes they do know but my sources at ms told me it
would be the first to go- so that is why I was wondering why it is still
here

There is not much point in the two of us trying to have any sort of conversation.

You now know who the *Go-To* person for this group is *not* all of your other
supposed contacts at MS. :|

The NG is owned, controlled by MS, it could go poof at any time.

Why MS has elected not to take the WD group _this one_ to the Web, I do
not know neither do I really care since if it did, I would not use the Web UI
since none of this would be tolerated since it is all Off-Topic !

robinb

I give up!
I was not nasty to you I was just stating a point- if you read it wrong then
I am sorry, next time do not read into things that are not there
robin

Canadian Boy

Randy Knobloch said:
There is not much point in the two of us trying to have any sort of
conversation.

You now know who the *Go-To* person for this group is *not* all of your
other
supposed contacts at MS. :|

The NG is owned, controlled by MS, it could go poof at any time.

Why MS has elected not to take the WD group _this one_ to the Web, I do
not know neither do I really care since if it did, I would not use the Web
UI
since none of this would be tolerated since it is all Off-Topic !
What the **** is your problem? Do you always need to have the last word?
You are a real bozo.

gene

There is not much point in the two of us trying to have any sort of
conversation.

You now know who the *Go-To* person for this group is *not* all of
your other supposed contacts at MS. :|

The NG is owned, controlled by MS, it could go poof at any time.

Why MS has elected not to take the WD group _this one_ to the Web, I
do not know neither do I really care since if it did, I would not use
the Web UI since none of this would be tolerated since it is all
Off-Topic !

Randy,
You stand convicted by your own words. Your post is pure trolling.
In spite of the fact that you do provide useful information, I have to
say: Please go away!

Gene

Bill Sanderson

Private groups are going away too. As far as I can see all NNTP groups
associated with Connect are gone, even though the announcment says not until
October...

I wouldn't expect any notice--I'm not sure why we are still here, but I'm
pretty sure that it isn't the high quality of the community here that is
keeping them from pulling the plug.

"Bill Sharpe, BullDawg" wrote in message

Isn't this a private and not public newsgroup? I access it through

privatenews.microsoft.com

which requires a username and password. However, I believe we all use the
same username and password. Since it is not a public group, that more than
likely explains why we are still around.

--

_______________

BullDawg
In God We Trust

Stephen Boots MVP-Windows Live

The Connect newsgroups are still there, Bill. If you can't connect,
getting a 502 Auth error, reset your newsgroup password on Connect and
it will give you nntp access again within a few hours. There was some
sort of issue a week or so back.
-steve

Bill Sanderson

Thanks!