    maybe ms forgot about this newsgroup
    robin

    --

    robinb, Aug 20, 2010

  2. robinb

    Guest

    On Fri, 20 Aug 2010 12:46:28 -0400
    "robinb" <> wrote:

    > maybe ms forgot about this newsgroup
    > robin

    I hope so. Seeing new posts to this newsgroup is easy, since on screen
    it lurks at the bottom of the few others I keep up with, underneath my
    email folders. Without this group, I wouldn't see many of the notices
    about updates to MS and and others' products that get posted here, at
    least not in a timely way.

    Gene

    , Aug 20, 2010

  3. Randy Knobloch, Aug 20, 2010
  4. robinb

    someone Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 20 Aug 2010 12:46:28 -0400
    > "robinb" <> wrote:
    >
    >> maybe ms forgot about this newsgroup
    >> robin

    > I hope so. Seeing new posts to this newsgroup is easy, since on screen
    > it lurks at the bottom of the few others I keep up with, underneath my
    > email folders. Without this group, I wouldn't see many of the notices
    > about updates to MS and and others' products that get posted here, at
    > least not in a timely way.
    >
    > Gene

    Amen.

    someone, Aug 20, 2010
  5. Isn't this a private and not public newsgroup? I access it through

    privatenews.microsoft.com

    which requires a username and password. However, I believe we all use the
    same username and password. Since it is not a public group, that more than
    likely explains why we are still around.

    --

    _______________

    BullDawg
    In God We Trust
    _______________

    Bill Sharpe, BullDawg, Aug 21, 2010
  6. robinb

    robinb Guest

    yes it is monitored and yes they do know but my sources at ms told me it
    would be the first to go- so that is why I was wondering why it is still
    here
    robin

    robinb, Aug 22, 2010
  7. Re: amazing we are still here ( Off Topic )

    robinb <> wrote in message news:%...
    > yes it is monitored and yes they do know but my sources at ms told me it
    > would be the first to go- so that is why I was wondering why it is still
    > here

    There is not much point in the two of us trying to have any sort of conversation.

    You now know who the *Go-To* person for this group is *not* all of your other
    supposed contacts at MS. :|

    The NG is owned, controlled by MS, it could go poof at any time.

    Why MS has elected not to take the WD group _this one_ to the Web, I do
    not know neither do I really care since if it did, I would not use the Web UI
    since none of this would be tolerated since it is all Off-Topic !

    Randy Knobloch, Aug 23, 2010
  8. robinb

    robinb Guest

    Re: amazing we are still here ( Off Topic )

    I give up!
    I was not nasty to you I was just stating a point- if you read it wrong then
    I am sorry, next time do not read into things that are not there

    robinb, Aug 23, 2010
  9. robinb

    Canadian Boy Guest

    > robinb <> wrote in message
    >> yes it is monitored and yes they do know but my sources at ms told me it
    >> would be the first to go- so that is why I was wondering why it is still
    >> here

    > There is not much point in the two of us trying to have any sort of
    > conversation.
    >
    > You now know who the *Go-To* person for this group is *not* all of your
    > other
    > supposed contacts at MS. :|
    >
    > The NG is owned, controlled by MS, it could go poof at any time.
    >
    > Why MS has elected not to take the WD group _this one_ to the Web, I do
    > not know neither do I really care since if it did, I would not use the Web
    > UI
    > since none of this would be tolerated since it is all Off-Topic !
    >

    > --
    > Randy
    > (http://msmvps.com/blogs/siljaline/default.aspx)
    > (http://www.linkedin.com/in/randyknobloch)

    What the **** is your problem? Do you always need to have the last word?
    You are a real bozo.

    --
    C.B.

    Canadian Boy, Aug 23, 2010
  10. robinb

    Guest

    Re: amazing we are still here ( Off Topic )

    On Sun, 22 Aug 2010 22:24:10 -0400
    "Randy Knobloch" <> wrote:

    > robinb <> wrote in message news:%
    > > yes it is monitored and yes they do know but my sources at ms told
    > > me it would be the first to go- so that is why I was wondering why
    > > it is still here

    > There is not much point in the two of us trying to have any sort of
    > conversation.
    >
    > You now know who the *Go-To* person for this group is *not* all of
    > your other supposed contacts at MS. :|
    >
    > The NG is owned, controlled by MS, it could go poof at any time.
    >
    > Why MS has elected not to take the WD group _this one_ to the Web, I
    > do not know neither do I really care since if it did, I would not use
    > the Web UI since none of this would be tolerated since it is all
    > Off-Topic !

    Randy,
    You stand convicted by your own words. Your post is pure trolling.
    In spite of the fact that you do provide useful information, I have to
    say: Please go away!

    Gene

    , Aug 23, 2010
  11. Private groups are going away too. As far as I can see all NNTP groups
    associated with Connect are gone, even though the announcment says not until
    October...

    I wouldn't expect any notice--I'm not sure why we are still here, but I'm
    pretty sure that it isn't the high quality of the community here that is
    keeping them from pulling the plug.

    Bill Sanderson, Sep 9, 2010
  12. The Connect newsgroups are still there, Bill. If you can't connect,
    getting a 502 Auth error, reset your newsgroup password on Connect and
    it will give you nntp access again within a few hours. There was some
    sort of issue a week or so back.
    -steve

    On Thu, 9 Sep 2010 15:25:59 -0400, "Bill Sanderson"
    <> wrote:

    >Private groups are going away too. As far as I can see all NNTP groups
    >associated with Connect are gone, even though the announcment says not until
    >October...
    >
    >I wouldn't expect any notice--I'm not sure why we are still here, but I'm
    >pretty sure that it isn't the high quality of the community here that is
    >keeping them from pulling the plug.
    >

    >"Bill Sharpe, BullDawg" wrote in message
    >
    >Isn't this a private and not public newsgroup? I access it through
    >
    >privatenews.microsoft.com
    >
    >which requires a username and password. However, I believe we all use the
    >same username and password. Since it is not a public group, that more than
    >likely explains why we are still around.

    --
    Stephen Boots
    MVP-Windows Live

    Stephen Boots MVP-Windows Live, Sep 10, 2010
  13. Thanks!

    Bill Sanderson, Sep 14, 2010