    or gutter so that the printed information starts 0.75
    inches from the left edge of the paper?

    Thank-you.

    John C., Jul 8, 2004

  2. John C.

    fredg Guest

    On Thu, 8 Jul 2004 11:59:28 -0700, John C. wrote:

    > I have a report to print, but I need to allow a margin on
    > the left for 3-ring binder holes. How do I set a margin
    > or gutter so that the printed information starts 0.75
    > inches from the left edge of the paper?
    >
    > Thank-you.

    You need to move the controls 0.75" to the left when the page number
    is even and then 0.75" to the right when the page number is odd.

    In Design View, position the controls where you want them to appear on
    the First (odd) page, i.e. away from the left side of the page, so
    that there is room to move back towards the left on the Even pages.

    You can use code in the Page Header format event:

    ' Note all measurements are in Twips (1440 per inch)

    If Me.[Page] = 1 Then Exit Sub
    Dim c As Control
    For Each c In Controls
    If TypeOf c Is PageBreak Then
    ElseIf [Page] Mod 2 = 1 Then ' Odd page to right
    c.Left = c.Left + 1440 * 0.25
    Else ' Even page to left
    c.Left = c.Left - 1440 * 0.25
    End If