    Nothing works, I even had to go to another computer to get here.

    I feel like an idiot and have no idea how to change it back so that things
    work.

    Guest, Jul 13, 2005

  2. Windows XP File Association Fixes

    [Courtesy of MS-MVP Doug Knox]

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP - Shell/User
    Microsoft Newsgroups

    Carey Frisch [MVP], Jul 13, 2005

    Ok, I did that and it still not working.

    Everything still opens into wordpad.

    Guest, Jul 14, 2005

    Alan Edwards Guest

    Try this Swen fix to correct it.

    http://download.nai.com/products/mcafee-avert/Fixswen.inf
    (download, right-click, select Install)

    ....Alan

    --
    Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
    http://dts-l.org/index.html

    Alan Edwards, Jul 14, 2005
  5. Click Start, Run and type "Command" and press Enter. Type the following and
    then press Enter after typing each one:

    cd\windows
    regedit

    Navigate to and select the following key:

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Mic­rosoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\­Explorer\FileExts\.exe

    This key is probably causing all the trouble. If this key is present, delete
    it. Close Regedit.

    Additionally, download fixreg.com file from Grisoft Utilities page and run
    it:

    http://www.grisoft.cz/softw/70/filedir/util/avg_rem_sup.dir/fixreg.com

    --
    Ramesh, Windows XP MVP