Adobe Flash Player IE7 Crash neither Adobe or MSFT can fix

Discussion in 'Windows Vista General Discussion' started by Chad Harris, Jun 9, 2007.

  1. Chad Harris

    Chad Harris Guest

    I wondered how many others (because its fairly well reported on the web) are
    experiencing an IE7 crash that reads (in event viewer) and is caused by
    Adobe Flash Player which is often needed for web sites to display their
    content.

    Faulting application iexplore.exe, version 7.0.6000.16386, time stamp
    0x4549b133, faulting module Flash9c.ocx, version 9.0.45.0, time stamp
    0x45db8560, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x0018ac1a, process id
    0x74, application start time 0x01c7aa460b4b5970.

    It's accompanied by the often worthless link for further information that
    has nothing substantive or useful in it, meaning MSFT doesn't know what's
    going on with this crash.
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/su...EvtID=1000&EvtSrc=Application Error&LCID=1033

    Adobe of course, has a removal tool, since it can't be removed by Vista's
    Add remove or anything else Vista has, and par for the course they have
    nothing to say about the problem or what they've done with MSFt to fix it.

    How to uninstall the Adobe Flash Player plug-in and ActiveX control
    http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=tn_14157&sliceId=1

    I got the removal tool link from well known IE Expert, MVP Sandi Hardmeier's
    site
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/spywaresucks/archive/2006/10/29/222231.aspx

    Sandi writes on her site:

    "Adobe calls the fact that you can't remove Flash Player via Add/Remove
    Programs an enhancement. "An enhancement on what planet?" says I.

    Considering the fact that I am seeing so many reports about flash9.ocx
    causing crashes in IE7, and so many reports about Web sites not being able
    to detect the presence of Flash, leading to erroneous "you need to install
    Flash" errors, lots of people are going to need the uninstaller that Adobe
    has released ..."

    Anyway, here it is:
    http://www.adobe.com/go/tn_14157

    If MSFT had a fix for this or Adobe did, Sandi would have posted the
    information.

    CH

    Chad Harris, Jun 9, 2007

  2. Chad Harris

    mikeyhsd Guest

    it is not that vista cannot remove it.
    adobe spreads so much garbage in the registry \even they cannot keep up with it so it can easily be removed without using a special program.
    all that is needed really is for adobe to update flash to work correctly with vista.
    including making a 64 bit compatible version.

    adobe has publically announced they will not upgrade programs to work with visa.
    so who is a fault.

    time to dump adobe products and go elsewhere.

    mikeyhsd, Jun 9, 2007

  3. Chad Harris

    Chad Harris Guest

    It has been obvious there is bad blood between Adobe and MSFT because Adobe resents MSFT's xml and other new formats and fears the competition, but it's a dumb stance to alienate iteself and refuse to upgrade to the OS that is used by 95% or more of the people on the planet including those who use other OS's. It reminds me of George Bush's foreign policy that has most of the world now hating the US.

    CH

    Chad Harris, Jun 9, 2007