    when I click on adobe, I get a black screen then error message "that there is
    a problem with adobe", the i have achoice to send or not to send to MSoft.
    Laurie

    Laurie, Mar 13, 2008

  2. Laurie

    Dave M Guest

    Hi Laurie;

    You've reached a Microsoft support forum for the Microsoft's Windows
    Defender Anti-Spyware program. Nobody is here from Adobe Systems
    Incorporated. You can try this link to get your question resolved:
    http://www.adobe.com/support/products/acrreader.html

    Note that phone support for free Adobe Reader is offered only to customers
    who have purchased a support plan
    --

    Regards, Dave

    Dave M, Mar 13, 2008

  3. I'd suggest uninstalling all versions and updates of Adobe Reader that you
    have installed--control panel, add or remove programs, check the box to
    "show updates" and uninstall everything titled Adobe Reader.

    Then do a fresh download from Adobe's site:

    http://www.adobe.com

    Once installed, go to Help, check for updates. Repeat that check until no
    more updates are offered.

    See if that takes care of the problem.

    Bill Sanderson, Mar 14, 2008

    sherri ensminger, Apr 6, 2008
  5. Do you know how to uninstall adobe 8.1.2? every time I try to use adobe is
    sits there for about 2 or 3 min, then pops up a window saying "Error 1714.
    the older version of adobe reader 8.1.2 cannot be removed. contact your
    technical support group." I went to add or remove programs and it won't let
    me remove adobe 8.1.1. When I do it says " The patch package could not be
    opened. Verify that the patch package exits and that you can access it, or
    contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid windows
    installer patch package." Can you help me?

    sherri ensminger, Apr 6, 2008
  6. Laurie

    Tom Emmelot Guest

    Hi sherri,

    Download this free tool to uninstall the Adobe reader and try again to
    install the reader.
    http://www.revouninstaller.com/
    Let us know how things went.

    Regards >*< TOM >*<

    Tom Emmelot, Apr 6, 2008
  7. well, I downloaded that uninstaller and when I went to uninstall my adobe it
    say's "this patch package could not be opened. verify that the patch package
    existis and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to
    verify that this is a valid windows installer patch package." So, now I
    don't know what to do.

    sherri ensminger, Apr 6, 2008
  8. Hello Tom,

    I guess I just didn't do somthing right the first time. I ran that program
    again and this time it got rid of my adobe. I re-installed it and now it
    work perfectly. The battle is over...lol. Thank a million Tom.

    sherri ensminger, Apr 6, 2008
  9. Laurie

    Tom Emmelot Guest

    Hi Sherri,

    Thanks to Revo for their good program! ;)

    Glad it worked for you.

    Regards >*< TOM >*<

    Tom Emmelot, Apr 6, 2008
  10. Thank you, thank you, thank you, Tom, Bill and Sherri. I have been working
    at this for weeks to no avail. http://www.revouninstaller.com/ FINALLY did
    the trick that all the others could not. Bless you all for your persistence
    and for helping out those of us who know little of computers.

    Kathy Shaffer, Apr 29, 2008
  11. Laurie

    Tom Emmelot Guest

    Hi Kathy,

    Thanks for letting us know, it worked for you to.
    Happy computing,

    Regards >*< TOM >*<

    Tom Emmelot, Apr 29, 2008
  12. Laurie

    isitme Guest

    I have precisely the same problem as "sherri ensminger". I have taken all the
    suggested measures and still my 'add or remove programs' will not touch the
    Adobe Reader 8 program. The 'remove' just blinks off.

    isitme, May 28, 2008
  13. Laurie

    Tom Emmelot Guest

    Hi,

    Try this, it worked for Sherry Ensinger!
    Download this free tool to uninstall the Adobe reader wwith it and try

    Tom Emmelot, May 28, 2008
  14. Laurie

    Lu Jane Guest

    "Tom Emmelot" wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Try this, it worked for Sherry Ensinger!
    > Download this free tool to uninstall the Adobe reader wwith it and try
    > again to install the reader.
    > http://www.revouninstaller.com/
    > Let us know how things went.
    >
    > Regards >*< TOM >*<
    >

    > isitme schreef:
    > > I have precisely the same problem as "sherri ensminger". I have taken all the
    > > suggested measures and still my 'add or remove programs' will not touch the
    > > Adobe Reader 8 program. The 'remove' just blinks off.
    > >
    > > "sherri ensminger" wrote:
    > >
    > >> Do you know how to uninstall adobe 8.1.2? every time I try to use adobe is
    > >> sits there for about 2 or 3 min, then pops up a window saying "Error 1714.
    > >> the older version of adobe reader 8.1.2 cannot be removed. contact your
    > >> technical support group." I went to add or remove programs and it won't let
    > >> me remove adobe 8.1.1. When I do it says " The patch package could not be
    > >> opened. Verify that the patch package exits and that you can access it, or
    > >> contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid windows
    > >> installer patch package." Can you help me?

    Hi, I'm having the same problem Sherri was. When I try to uninstall adobe, I
    get the same error message..."the patch package could not be opened. Verify
    that the patch package exists...etc etc etc". I've had problems with my
    adobe for a long time now, and was just going to uninstall it and re-install
    it. But I can't access it at all to even do that. I tried the revouninstaller
    download, but I'm afraid I just don't understand all the things it was asking
    me. I performed the Moderate scan on the revouninstaller, but after it was
    finished, it asked me to verify all the registry items that needed to be
    deleted....I just canceled out of it and did not check the box on any of the
    files, because I have no idea what would harm my computer and what wouldn't.
    There were 1,561 leftover files and things found on the registry, and I have
    absolutely no idea what to delete and what not to. This is getting very
    frustrating! Can anyone help me on this please?

    Lu Jane, Jun 24, 2008
  15. Laurie

    aldo Guest

    aldo, Apr 6, 2009