    MODE SECURITY THREATS?

    --
    Jason Kirkman

    Jason_owb, Jul 18, 2007

  2. Jason_owb wrote:
    > IS THERE ANYWAY TO ADD A PASSWORD TO THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT TO
    > KEEP SAFE MODE SECURITY THREATS?

    Yes, of course, the same way you add or change the password on your own
    account.

    By the way your Caps Lock key is stuck.

    GreenieLeBrun, Jul 18, 2007

  3. Jason_owb wrote:
    > IS THERE ANYWAY TO ADD A PASSWORD TO THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT TO KEEP SAFE
    > MODE SECURITY THREATS?

    The same way you'd set or change a password for any other account.
    Simply log in using an account with administrative privileges:

    1) Start > Run > "control userpasswords2" to modify the desired account(s).

    2) Right-click My Computer > Manage > Local Users and Groups > Users >
    right-click Administrator > Set password.

    Please unstick your CapsLock key. Posting in all caps, as you have
    done, is the Usenet equivalent of shouting, and is considered very rude
    by a large number of people. More importantly, posting in all caps
    makes the post harder to read, further reducing your chances of getting
    help; a great many people won't even try to read such a message. If you
    really want help, simply comply with the dictates of common courtesy and
    the conventions of the milieu.

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you: