Adding Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 6.0 Library

Discussion in 'Microsoft Access' started by forest8, Jun 5, 2010.

  1. forest8

    forest8 Guest

    Hi there

    I am working on an Access database with another person.

    Apparently I need to add "Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 6.0 Library"
    because he made references to this library.

    How do I find and download this library?

    Thank you for your advance in advance.
     
    forest8, Jun 5, 2010
    #1
    1. Advertisements

  2. forest8

    Banana Guest

    On 6/4/10 7:07 PM, forest8 wrote:
    > Hi there
    >
    > I am working on an Access database with another person.
    >
    > Apparently I need to add "Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 6.0 Library"
    > because he made references to this library.
    >
    > How do I find and download this library?
    >
    > Thank you for your advance in advance.


    I can't find the source handy but the way I understood it was that 6.0
    is basically just Vista-ized 2.8 and probably wouldn't work on earlier
    OS, which is why it's not available for download.

    But that's besides the point: Generally when a reference is used, it's
    usually good idea to use late binding and thus release yourself from the
    burden of having the identical version of the library. I bet that if you
    google on 'late binding', you'll get several tutorials and samples to
    get you started.

    Best of luck!
     
    Banana, Jun 5, 2010
    #2
    1. Advertisements

  3. forest8

    forest8 Guest

    I don't understand. What am i supposed to do?

    "Banana" wrote:

    > On 6/4/10 7:07 PM, forest8 wrote:
    > > Hi there
    > >
    > > I am working on an Access database with another person.
    > >
    > > Apparently I need to add "Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 6.0 Library"
    > > because he made references to this library.
    > >
    > > How do I find and download this library?
    > >
    > > Thank you for your advance in advance.

    >
    > I can't find the source handy but the way I understood it was that 6.0
    > is basically just Vista-ized 2.8 and probably wouldn't work on earlier
    > OS, which is why it's not available for download.
    >
    > But that's besides the point: Generally when a reference is used, it's
    > usually good idea to use late binding and thus release yourself from the
    > burden of having the identical version of the library. I bet that if you
    > google on 'late binding', you'll get several tutorials and samples to
    > get you started.
    >
    > Best of luck!
    >
    > .
    >
     
    forest8, Jun 6, 2010
    #3
  4. Just use 6.0 dude, if you need to distribute to people using Windows
    XP you might need to change that to 2.8

    or you could jsut use

    Dim Rst
    Set rst = CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")

    that method means you wouldn't even need to set a reference

    -Aaron






    On Jun 5, 7:56 pm, forest8 <> wrote:
    > I don't understand. What am i supposed to do?
    >
    >
    >
    > "Banana" wrote:
    > > On 6/4/10 7:07 PM, forest8 wrote:
    > > > Hi there

    >
    > > > I am working on an Access database with another person.

    >
    > > > Apparently I need to add "Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 6.0 Library"
    > > > because he made references to this library.

    >
    > > > How do I find and download this library?

    >
    > > > Thank you for your advance in advance.

    >
    > > I can't find the source handy but the way I understood it was that 6.0
    > > is basically just Vista-ized 2.8 and probably wouldn't work on earlier
    > > OS, which is why it's not available for download.

    >
    > > But that's besides the point: Generally when a reference is used, it's
    > > usually good idea to use late binding and thus release yourself from the
    > > burden of having the identical version of the library. I bet that if you
    > > google on 'late binding', you'll get several tutorials and samples to
    > > get you started.

    >
    > > Best of luck!

    >
    > > .- Hide quoted text -

    >
    > - Show quoted text -
     
    a a r o n . k e m p f @ g m a i l . c o m, Jun 14, 2010
    #4
    1. Advertisements

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. krish

    Active X Data Objects 2.5 Library vs 2.7 Lib

    krish, Oct 3, 2003, in forum: Microsoft Access
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    343
    Brendan Reynolds \(MVP\)
    Oct 6, 2003
  2. Guest
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    217
    Pieter Wijnen
    Oct 29, 2004
  3. MyGeneration
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    1,011
    MyGeneration
    Jan 27, 2005
  4. Guest

    ActiveX Objects

    Guest, Jan 22, 2006, in forum: Microsoft Access
    Replies:
    11
    Views:
    447
    Regina-Astrid Soehnel
    Feb 26, 2006
  5. Guest

    Replicate data objects using new tables/data

    Guest, Aug 10, 2007, in forum: Microsoft Access
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    178
    David W. Fenton
    Aug 10, 2007
Loading...

Share This Page