    all around. When I add the page (after changing the margins to 0), I find the
    margins are changed on the entire document. How can I change the margins on
    the cover sheet only?

    Guest, Nov 3, 2005

    Hi,

    For the border to appears on a particular page, such as only on the first
    page, do the following:

    1. On the Format menu, click Borders and Shading, and then click the Page
    Border tab.

    2. Click the option you want under Apply to.

    3. Click OK.

    Hope this helps.

    Pheone
    --
    Smile, tomorrow might be worse :)

    Guest, Nov 3, 2005

    What do I do after that? Insert my new page (cover page)?

    Guest, Nov 3, 2005
  4. At the very beginning of your document, insert a section break (new page).
    Then go to that section and set your margins (not borders) for that section.
    http://addbalance.com/usersguide/sections.htm

    Note, though, 0 margins are likely to be ignored to some extent by your
    printer driver. Printers require some part of the paper not being printed on
    to handle the paper and move it through the printer.
    --
    Charles Kenyon

    from my ignorance and your wisdom.

    Charles Kenyon, Nov 3, 2005
  5. Add your cover sheet. Between the cover sheet and the next page, insert a
    section break (next page). With the insertion point in the first section
    (cover page), go to Page Setup and change your margins, making sure that
    "This section" is selected under "Apply to." As Charles says, you probably
    won't be able to print clear to the edge.

    --
    Suzanne S. Barnhill
    Microsoft MVP (Word)

    Suzanne S. Barnhill, Nov 3, 2005