    BUF, IFO, VOB
    and I can't find those in my File Types either
    Help

    Tazzi_, Dec 8, 2007

  2. Tazzi_

    John Inzer Guest

    Tazzi_ wrote:
    > When I insert a DVD Movie the choices of actions that appear don't
    > contain the choice I would like to perform.
    > When looking at File Types I don't see one that coresponds to 'DVD
    > movie' so that I can edit/add the action I would like to perform.
    > I explore the disk it has one folder
    > VIDEO_TS
    > and in it there are files with extensions
    > BUF, IFO, VOB
    > and I can't find those in my File Types either
    > Help

    ==============================
    I'm guessing you wish to play the DVD?

    Do you have a DVD decoder installed....
    PowerDVD for example? If you do...the
    DVD should begin playing when you insert it.

    Some info:

    DVD decoder - media player windows
    http://www.updatexp.com/dvd-decoder-media-player-windows.html

    --

    John Inzer
    MS Picture It! -

    Digital Image
    Highlights and FAQs
    http://tinyurl.com/aczzp

    Notice
    This is not tech support
    I am a volunteer

    Solutions that work for
    me may not work for you

    Proceed at your own risk

    John Inzer, Dec 8, 2007

  3. Tazzi_

    Tazzi_ Guest

    "John Inzer" wrote:

    > Tazzi_ wrote:
    > > When I insert a DVD Movie the choices of actions that appear don't
    > > contain the choice I would like to perform.
    > > When looking at File Types I don't see one that coresponds to 'DVD
    > > movie' so that I can edit/add the action I would like to perform.
    > > I explore the disk it has one folder
    > > VIDEO_TS
    > > and in it there are files with extensions
    > > BUF, IFO, VOB
    > > and I can't find those in my File Types either
    > > Help

    > ==============================
    > I'm guessing you wish to play the DVD?
    >
    > Do you have a DVD decoder installed....
    > PowerDVD for example? If you do...the
    > DVD should begin playing when you insert it.
    >
    > Some info:
    >
    > DVD decoder - media player windows
    > http://www.updatexp.com/dvd-decoder-media-player-windows.html
    >
    > --
    >
    > John Inzer
    > MS Picture It! -
    > Digital Image MVP
    >
    > Digital Image
    > Highlights and FAQs
    > http://tinyurl.com/aczzp
    >
    > Notice
    > This is not tech support
    > I am a volunteer
    >
    > Solutions that work for
    > me may not work for you
    >
    > Proceed at your own risk

    Actually I want to create a backup of some of our favorite movies and I want
    to chose a program that doesn't come up when I insert the DVD (I can play it
    no problem), but I can't find the Extensions BUF, IFO, VOB or the Type "DVD
    movie".

    Thanks for trying

    Tazzi_, Dec 8, 2007
  4. Tazzi_

    John Inzer Guest

    Tazzi_ wrote:
    > Actually I want to create a backup of some of our favorite movies and
    > I want to chose a program that doesn't come up when I insert the DVD
    > (I can play it no problem), but I can't find the Extensions BUF, IFO,
    > VOB or the Type "DVD movie".
    >
    > Thanks for trying

    ================================
    If you have software that can copy a DVD...
    open it and it should find the DVD that is
    currently in your DVD drive.

    --

    John Inzer
    MS Picture It! -

    Digital Image
    Highlights and FAQs
    http://tinyurl.com/aczzp

    Notice
    This is not tech support
    I am a volunteer

    Solutions that work for
    me may not work for you

    Proceed at your own risk

    John Inzer, Dec 8, 2007
  5. Tazzi_

    Tazzi_ Guest

    "John Inzer" wrote:

    > Tazzi_ wrote:
    > > Actually I want to create a backup of some of our favorite movies and
    > > I want to chose a program that doesn't come up when I insert the DVD
    > > (I can play it no problem), but I can't find the Extensions BUF, IFO,
    > > VOB or the Type "DVD movie".
    > >
    > > Thanks for trying

    > ================================
    > If you have software that can copy a DVD...
    > open it and it should find the DVD that is
    > currently in your DVD drive.
    >
    > --
    >
    > John Inzer
    > MS Picture It! -
    > Digital Image MVP
    >
    > Digital Image
    > Highlights and FAQs
    > http://tinyurl.com/aczzp
    >
    > Notice
    > This is not tech support
    > I am a volunteer
    >
    > Solutions that work for
    > me may not work for you
    >
    > Proceed at your own risk

    Thanks for your reply but what I am after is that the DVD copying software
    comes up as an option when I insert the disc.

    Tazzi_, Dec 8, 2007
  6. Tazzi_

    John Inzer Guest

    Tazzi_ wrote:
    > Thanks for your reply but what I am after is that the DVD copying
    > software comes up as an option when I insert the disc.

    Since you are posting in a Windows XP newsgroup...
    I can only guess that you are running Win XP...

    Maybe the following article will offer some ideas:

    (307859) HOW TO: Change File Associations
    in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=307859

    --

    John Inzer
    MS Picture It! -

    Digital Image
    Highlights and FAQs
    http://tinyurl.com/aczzp

    Notice
    This is not tech support
    I am a volunteer

    Solutions that work for
    me may not work for you

    Proceed at your own risk

    John Inzer, Dec 9, 2007
  7. Tazzi_

    chris_higgins

    Joined:
    May 21, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Ancient thread, but as it still comes up on Google's first page here's the correct answer.

    Open My Computer from the start menu and right click on the drive you want to change the action for. Select 'Properties' and then open the Autoplay tab of the dialogue. From the dropdown you can choose DVD Movie as the disk type, then select whichever action you want to happen when you put the disk in.

    Chris

    chris_higgins, May 21, 2011