    course, Microsoft AntiSpyware.

    Thanks for investigating.

    -Rex

    Rex, Jun 4, 2005

  2. Rex

    plun Guest

    plun, Jun 4, 2005

  3. Rex

    Guest Guest

    Thanks for the very quick response.

    I could not find a direct method of removing
    yieldmanager. CWShredder seems not to work for other
    people (nor did it work for me).

    The solutions that I've read require the yeildmanager
    server to be added to a hosts file.

    Is there a simpler way to block the ads or remove
    reference to yieldmanager?

    Thanks again.

    hl=sv&q=yieldmanager+removal&btnG=S%C3%B6k&meta=

    Guest, Jun 4, 2005
  4. Rex

    plun Guest

    explained on 2005-06-04 :
    > Thanks for the very quick response.
    >
    > I could not find a direct method of removing
    > yieldmanager. CWShredder seems not to work for other
    > people (nor did it work for me).
    >
    > The solutions that I've read require the yeildmanager
    > server to be added to a hosts file.
    >
    > Is there a simpler way to block the ads or remove
    > reference to yieldmanager?

    Hi

    I believe its better to remove this rather then to only block it.
    Cant find any good removal instruction.

    Start with Basic:

    Spybot and Lavasofts Adaware, Spybot first.

    http://www.download.com/Ad-Aware-SE-Personal-Edition/3000-8022-10319876.html?tag=list

    Also to remove all temporarily junk with this tool:

    www.ccleaner.com

    Then if above fails go to a Forum for HijackThis logs:

    http://www.merijn.org/forums.html

    About HijackThis:
    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/index.php?showtutorial=42

    --
    plun

    plun, Jun 4, 2005
  5. Rex

    Rex Ahn Guest

    Thanks for your great advice. I will follow it and
    update you on my progress.

    Thanks again!

    -Rex

    04 :

    Rex Ahn, Jun 4, 2005
  6. Rex

    Rex Guest

    I've run Spybot, Adaware and ccleaner. I still get
    browsers popping up out of nowhere from ad.yieldmanager

    Is there any progress on MS's end on this?

    -Rex

    06-

    Rex, Jul 8, 2005
  7. "Rex" <> wrote in message
    > I've run Spybot, Adaware and ccleaner. I still get
    > browsers popping up out of nowhere from ad.yieldmanager
    >
    > Is there any progress on MS's end on this?
    >
    > -Rex

    Try running your anti-spyware programs in Safe Mode.

    --

    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP
    http://www.fjsmjs.com

    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP IE/OE, Jul 8, 2005
  8. Rex

    robbiebig

    Joined:
    Aug 12, 2005
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    How do we track down and harm the people responsible for yieldmanager?

    robbiebig, Aug 12, 2005
  9. Rex

    blogger45

    Joined:
    Jan 9, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    ad.yieldmanager.com responsibles

    this is what i have done to tyr to determine were ad.yieldmanager.com is hosted

    Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
    (C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.
    C:\Documents and Settings\myhome>ping ad.yieldmanager.com

    Pinging ad.yieldmanager.com [213.52.227.196] with 32 bytes of data:

    Ping statistics for 213.52.227.196:

    C:\Documents and Settings\myhome>tracert ad.yieldmanager.com

    Tracing route to ad.yieldmanager.com [213.52.227.196]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

    1 5 ms 4 ms 11 ms 10.49.128.1
    2 7 ms 25 ms 7 ms g02-pegasus.crs-1.onvol.net [212.56.128.190]
    3 28 ms 21 ms 17 ms g01-draco.crs-1.onvol.net [212.56.129.97]
    4 46 ms 38 ms 56 ms 217.15.96.213
    5 47 ms 37 ms 35 ms ge1-15.73-1.datastream.com.mt [217.15.97.70]
    6 * * 57 ms pal5-maltacom-4-mt.pal.seabone.net [195.22.218.121]
    7 78 ms 77 ms 76 ms par8-par1-racc1.par.seabone.net [195.22.210.97]
    8 87 ms 83 ms 86 ms prs-b1-link.telia.net [213.248.98.105]
    9 84 ms 84 ms * prs-bb1-pos6-1-2.telia.net [213.248.65.77]
    10 169 ms * * ldn-bb1-pos7-2-0.telia.net [213.248.64.10]
    11 * 196 ms 191 ms ldn-b3-pos6-0.telia.net [213.248.65.238]
    12 80 ms * * globix-106876-ldn-b3.c.telia.net [213.248.100.166]
    13 66 ms 66 ms 65 ms ge-4-2-0-core2.lhr2.globix.net [209.10.12.225]
    14 75 ms * 80 ms so-4-1-0.core1.lhr3.globix.net [209.10.11.150]
    15 66 ms 75 ms 66 ms v4-edge5-gw3.lhr3.globix.net [209.10.22.5]
    16 * * 71 ms 213.52.198.6
    17 70 ms 68 ms 76 ms 213.52.227.196

    Trace complete.

    C:\Documents and Settings\myhome>

    http://www.schwarzl.com/ipcheck.html?action=query&ip1=213&ip2=52&ip3=227&ip4=196

    Put in the tcp/ip number you are searching for:
    Response from whois.ripe.net:
    % This is the RIPE Whois query server #2.
    % The objects are in RPSL format.
    %
    % Note: the default output of the RIPE Whois server
    % is changed. Your tools may need to be adjusted. See
    % http://www.ripe.net/db/news/abuse-proposal-20050331.html
    % for more details.
    %
    % Rights restricted by copyright.
    % See http://www.ripe.net/db/copyright.html

    % Note: This output has been filtered.
    % To receive output for a database update, use the "-B" flag

    % Information related to '213.52.128.0 - 213.52.255.255'

    inetnum: 213.52.128.0 - 213.52.255.255
    org: ORG-GL5-RIPE
    netname: UK-GLOBIX-20001010
    descr: Provider
    descr: Globix Limited
    country: GB
    admin-c: DJK15-RIPE
    tech-c: ASK33-RIPE
    status: ALLOCATED PA
    mnt-by: RIPE-NCC-HM-MNT
    mnt-lower: GBIX-RIPE-MNT
    mnt-routes: GBIX-RIPE-MNT
    source: RIPE # Filtered

    organisation: ORG-GL5-RIPE
    org-name: Globix Limited
    org-type: LIR
    address: Globix Limited
    Prospect House
    80-110 New Oxford Street
    London WC1A 1HB
    England
    phone: +44 20 7611 3000
    fax-no: +44 20 7611 3002
    e-mail:
    admin-c: CL1060-RIPE
    admin-c: NB78-RIPE
    mnt-ref: GBIX-RIPE-MNT
    mnt-ref: RIPE-NCC-HM-MNT
    mnt-by: RIPE-NCC-HM-MNT
    source: RIPE # Filtered

    person: David Krauth
    address: Globix Limited
    address: Prospect House
    address: 80 - 110 New Oxford Street
    address: London. WC1A 1HB
    address: UK
    phone: +44 20 7908 8000
    fax-no: +44 20 7908 8010
    e-mail:
    nic-hdl: DJK15-RIPE
    mnt-by: GBIX-RIPE-MNT
    source: RIPE # Filtered

    person: Adeel Khan
    address: Globix Limited
    address: 1 Olivers Yard
    address: London
    address: EC1Y 1HQ
    address: UK
    phone: +44 20 7611 3115
    fax-no: +44 20 7611 3002
    e-mail:
    nic-hdl: ASK33-RIPE
    remarks: ************************************
    remarks: Please send abuse/spam notifications
    remarks: to: only.
    remarks: ************************************
    mnt-by: GBIX-RIPE-MNT
    source: RIPE # Filtered

    are these people http://www.globix.net/ responsibel for ad.yieldmanager.com spyware?

    blogger45, Jan 9, 2006
  10. Rex

    calikrash

    Joined:
    Feb 17, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
  11. Rex

    mgp37m

    Joined:
    Jul 29, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    yieldmanager

    http://rightmedia.com/categories/Yield-Manager/
    Additionally you can contact us through the following methods:
    By phone: 212-561-6470

    By fax: 212-561-6471

    By email (many options):

    • General information -
    • Advertiser Sales -
    • Publisher Sales -
    • Account Managers -
    • Support -
    • Jobs -

    mgp37m, Jul 29, 2006
  12. Rex

    mig_29a

    Joined:
    Jan 13, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    How do I stop this?

    mig_29a, Jan 13, 2007
  13. Rex

    Sentho

    Joined:
    Jan 26, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    ok for the last time get windows live one care or windows defender

    Microsoft has updated one care to deal with this

    Sentho, Jan 26, 2007
  14. Rex

    uglynakedguy

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    hi mate,
    I have spyware doctor with antivirus, and it catches everything, litterally. it also stops the pop-ups from yieldmanager.com.

    uglynakedguy, Feb 14, 2008
  15. Rex

    alphgand

    Joined:
    Mar 29, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    I like the response from the fellow who asked how could we hurt these people. They have caused so much grief wouldn't it be nice to really HURT them back ?. Sort of a Clint Eastwood "Unforgiven" thing. Club together , get some loot together and send a tired old AA hacker after these web parasites. Bring their severs to their knees and make them beg for mercy :) Sounds like a good plot line for a film.

    alphgand, Mar 29, 2008
  16. Rex

    1Bruce

    Joined:
    Mar 30, 2008
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    I would like to know how it works then we will have a better chance of hitting back. Sites, even antispyware.com, are using these pop-ups to feedback user preferences Ad.YieldManager , like Wunderloop in Europe, just receive the data and manipulate it for registered buyers. There must be a one or more registry entries or files implanted in our computers which generate the infections found by SpyDoctor, Skybot etc.. Do newly installed systems suffer the same problem?

    1Bruce, Mar 30, 2008
  17. Rex

    1Bruce

    Joined:
    Mar 30, 2008
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0

    1Bruce, Mar 30, 2008
  18. Rex

    DeeprBlue

    Joined:
    Jun 13, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    RE: Windows Live Removes this adyield

    With all due respect, um, No it does not remove this pain in the a** issue.
    What Windows Live certainly DOES seem to do is take up UNCANNY amounts of systems resources and hard drive space/memory.[​IMG]

    I've been plagued with this stupid ad yield manager issue for months...and I run all of the major spyware removal tools as well as Windows Live.
    I've thoroughly read the entire forum here and on Tech Support Forum and it seems to me that this Globix company (laughable to even call them a copmpany) needs to get their a**es whipped! It's SO ANNOYING:mad:

    DeeprBlue, Jun 13, 2008
  19. Rex

    rudiedog

    Joined:
    Jan 21, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    My solution.

    Greetings one and all,

    I have found a solution in the most unlikely place.. Yahoo toolbar, it comes with CA Anti-spy. Run anti spy, and it will remove the nasty ad.yieldmanager. I then downloaded the trial version of Kasperski Internet Security 2009 and so far I have not had any issues. I think that my LONG battle is finally over. I will say this, ad.yieldmanager is a devil to find and remove. Good luck to all that suffer this affliction as this is a worthy opponent.

    rudiedog, Jan 21, 2009
  20. Rex

    angelfire4xx

    Joined:
    Sep 9, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    "You have chosen to open st" from http://ad.yieldmanager.com This is just a bug on Yahoo, not a virus or anything sinister. It happens when an ad on the Yahoo page doesn't open properly. A lot of people seem to get it when they are using mobile broadband. This type of broadband can change the way a page is rendered. Maybe some people's firewall setups are doing something similar.
    I tried the Yahoo toolbar and CA Anti-spy. In my case it didn't help. After tweaking a proposed solution on the Firefox forum, I found the following solution which has worked perfectly for me. (Sorry if you're not a Firefox user, but maybe you can find something similar for your browser.)
    Install Adblock Plus Firefox Add-on. Click "cancel" when it offers to install a filter subscription. Go to your Yahoo mail page. Locate empty frame on bottom left, headed "Advertisement". Right-click on there, then click "Adblock frame" > Select "Custom", type http://ad.yieldmanager.com in the box and save. Hey presto no more st download box!

    angelfire4xx, Sep 9, 2009