Windows 7 Active Directory question

Reaction score
Hello guys,
I have a question related to AD groups and folders. There are user accounts that are disabled but they all have folders with personal files in a particular server. How can I see which are the folders of those disabled accounts. Is there a PowerShell script for that?

Thank you in advance!

Reaction score
Are these folders that are set up as the users' home directories? Or are these folders that are on a server that happen to personally belong to specific users?

Reaction score
User's folders are just shared personal folders. They are not roaming users if this is your question.
Each user has a personal folder where he/she keeps personal info.

Reaction score
Right, but when you say "Shared personal folders," I'm more inquiring to how those folders are made and the permissions set. Are they general shares on a server that the individuals have access to? Or are they set by being put into the HomeDirectory attribute of the user in Active Directory. Depending on how the folders are created and the permissions set, changes the options available to you. If you are using the HomeDirectory attribute in AD, then the task you're trying to accomplish is much easier by querying the attribute from PowerShell and you can script it to do that for all users in a specific OU.

Ask a Question